Hughes tactically Naive?

Dubai Blue said:
citoeast said:
Who evaluates the manager for Khaldoon Al Mubarak?
Thankfully not you.

What do you want Hughes to say? "We were shit, I'm a shit manager, and a draw with 10 men against a team that recently humped Chelsea and in a stadium we've never previously won at is simply not acceptable. I hereby tender my resignation for delivering such a pathetic result and will consider suicide if it helps appease the bunch of spoilt moaning twats currently throwing their toys all over the place on Bluemoon."

I did say I rate Hughes highly in every other aspect of his management, I am being fair and constructively critical, are you?

de niro said:
we were painfully short of a full squad and had to player injured players to boot, dont know what game you watched but zab should have only had one card whilst they were a bunch of cloggers who with a proper ref would have eneded the game with about 3 men.

hughes is the best manager we've had since joe mercer.done nowt yet of course but we are on the right track.

With the resources that we have invested over the last two year's we should not be short of a full squad. Zab made a stupid challange for a ball he could not make, knowing that he already had been carded, so had to go. Yes the ref should of been more even handed with his booking's, but none of this hides the fact that it was our worst performance of the season so far, however on a positive note we still managed to get a good point away from home. Huhges is right last season we would of buckled after Zab got himself stupidly sent off, and we would not of got anything from that game.

citoeast said:
Dubai Blue said:
Thankfully not you.

What do you want Hughes to say? "We were shit, I'm a shit manager, and a draw with 10 men against a team that recently humped Chelsea and in a stadium we've never previously won at is simply not acceptable. I hereby tender my resignation for delivering such a pathetic result and will consider suicide if it helps appease the bunch of spoilt moaning twats currently throwing their toys all over the place on Bluemoon."

I did say I rate Hughes highly in every other aspect of his management, I am being fair and constructively critical, are you?
No you're not, you're just moaning about yesterday's result.

And I think I was very constructive in my appraisal of all the negative whingers on here. It's pathetic that so many people (and this isn't specifically aimed at you) are getting hysterical over an away-day draw.

We weren't great yesterday and Wigan probably edged it. But there really is no need to keep performing the Spanish Inquisition on the manager, the left-back, the right-back, the centre-back, the left winger, the support striker etc every single time we fail to win a game. We've played some great stuff so far this season, but unfortunately we didn't produce it yesterday. It happens. Let's move on.

PaulPowerShower said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Agree ten times over. Hughes is the most thorough manager we have ever had. He might lack the flair of Joe Mercer, but Joe had a team which had strength across the whole pitch. And how long did Joe have before 68. 'Bout three seasons, wasn't it. Hughes isn't halfway through that tenure, and this City team is performing much better than the team I saw in the mid-sixties, prior to walking away with the Championship, as it was then.

Pleas dont compare that rag **** to Joe

It's offensive

Wow, what an idiot.

Had we switched Zabaletta for Kompany and conceded another goal then Hughes would have been slated for bringing back a player into a crucial game with no match fitness. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and makes the claim of naivety very easy to make.

And our leaky defence has let in 2 more goals than Chelsea and one more than the rags and take away the freaky derby result and we'd be looking very comfortable in defence.

I really think because we have this money to spend that some people think we have a divine right to win every game we play in and refuse to contemplate that other teams are on a continuous improvement. Don't forget that Chelsea were outsmarted by Wigan and didn't grind out a draw at the DW. We did with ten men and if we continue to win at home and draw away we'll be OK.

manchester blue said:
Had we switched Zabaletta for Kompany and conceded another goal then Hughes would have been slated for bringing back a player into a crucial game with no match fitness. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and makes the claim of naivety very easy to make.

And our leaky defence has let in 2 more goals than Chelsea and one more than the rags and take away the freaky derby result and we'd be looking very comfortable in defence.

I really think because we have this money to spend that some people think we have a divine right to win every game we play in and refuse to contemplate that other teams are on a continuous improvement. Don't forget that Chelsea were outsmarted by Wigan and didn't grind out a draw at the DW. We did with ten men and if we continue to win at home and draw away we'll be OK.
I hope you're not trying to be sensible and reasoned in your analysis of the game. That sort of behaviour will not be tolerated on here.

Totally disagree with all points, was at the game yesterday so don't know any 'stats' but after a dull first half with neither team doing to much we nodded off (plenty of culprits) and were 1-0 down. Then the following happened ... Hughes sent the team out early obviously after a rollicking we pull one back almost immedietly and swp missed an absolute sitter just after, if he scores we win IMO. Then after the sending off we put the 10 men we have left behind the ball and make it difficult for them to open us up and hope to hit them on the break, they however did not commit enough men forward to allow this and we sucessfully defended the point we had. This is something Manchester city have never been able to in my time of watching them (since 88 with mel machin) and shows progress, no it's not swashbuckling or paricularly easy on the eye, we are not playing particularly well atm, but in days gone by we would have lost the last 2, that would be 3 out of 4 and the hatches would be getting battened down, however we are still well in contention for TOP SPOT never mind top four and for me the mark of a good club and 'winning mentality' are the points you get when things are against you, like being down to ten men away from home against a team that just beat Chelsea who are most peoples tip for the league, some would say 2 points dropped and before the game maybe accurate but considering our previous record against them, their current form and the sending off, I see it as a point gained especially as chelsea and Liverpool both lost! Well done Hughes

manchester blue said:

RSC was that player with no match fitness.

Any point away from home is a point won and by he same score a point at home is 2 down the drain imo

Eggsy said:
RSC was that player with no match fitness.

They both were but that subsitution was forced as Adebayor was injured and we were without Bellamy. The point I was making was that you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Taking a fit Zabaletta off for a player returning from injury could have gone so wrong. I'm sure he made the point to Zabaletta not to dive in and leave us with ten men. If he had any sense he wouldn't need to be told....

I'm sure Hughes has targets in mind for the RB slot come January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.