Hughes tactically Naive?

When I left college I wanted to be a vet. I wanted to be the next James Herriott.
Just in time, I was warned by a local vet that I would probably spend my time up to my armpits in arseholes.

It all seems so long ago. Then suddenly this morning it only seemed like yesterday when I logged in and read all the posts from miserable sods who cannot wait to have a pop at anyone connected to making City the best team in the land.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a good debate, but I have a strong dislike of bullshit.

citoeast said:
Hughes praised our performance while yet again rubbishing last years players/team. It was a sign we were top 4 material, apparently.

Get a grip, this is Hughes doing a Fergie by distracting attention away from a dreadful performance. That is the managers' performance.

Martinez outsmarted Hughes second half, who could not respond, seemingly not up to the tactical challegne.

We let in a pathetic goal, Richards fault. We have a defence as leaky as a sieve. injuryies no excuse with our resources and anyway was leaky when at full strength. A leaky defence is not top 4 material.

The sending off just hid the fact that Wigan (new players galore just gelling) took over the game second half (clearly shown by the stats up until the sending off), despite our early goal reposte.

We had our ass kicked by an inferior team, and were lucky, very lucky to get a draw and Hughes celebrates this, pathetic.

Hughes should have taken Zabableta off earlier, it was obvious he was going to get sent off. Hughes should have made tactical changes and substitues earlier.

I am not saying he definitively is not up to the task, because in every box other than tactical, I rate him very highly, but the questions over his tactical ability, and therefore ability to win major honours, remain.

I think this serious weakness will be exposed in the coming Cup matches (No not Scunthorpe) and second half of the season, we will get dumped out of both Cups when up against decent opposition, imho, given Hughes lack of tactical nous.

Who evaluates the manager for Khaldoon Al Mubarak?

Usual bile

I guess you never studied the attribution theory. Never blame internal factors!

But regards tactics, I think Hughes gets it wrong quite often, but he is learning so he needs time.

blue John said:
Thank fuck we did not get beat
some people on here make me wonder we got a point away from home
Just to let you know we have not got the god given right to win every game only the rags have that now for fuck sake enjoy the best City side we have had in years
(this is not just to the op of this its to all you blues with the glass that is not half full)

I think some of the children stamping their feet on here because (oh my god!!!! city only got a draw) are drinking out of this glass..

thepessimistsmug.jpg

citoeast said:
Hughes praised our performance while yet again rubbishing last years players/team. It was a sign we were top 4 material, apparently.

Get a grip, this is Hughes doing a Fergie by distracting attention away from a dreadful performance. That is the managers' performance.

Martinez outsmarted Hughes second half, who could not respond, seemingly not up to the tactical challegne.

We let in a pathetic goal, Richards fault. We have a defence as leaky as a sieve. injuryies no excuse with our resources and anyway was leaky when at full strength. A leaky defence is not top 4 material.

The sending off just hid the fact that Wigan (new players galore just gelling) took over the game second half (clearly shown by the stats up until the sending off), despite our early goal reposte.

We had our ass kicked by an inferior team, and were lucky, very lucky to get a draw and Hughes celebrates this, pathetic.

Hughes should have taken Zabableta off earlier, it was obvious he was going to get sent off. Hughes should have made tactical changes and substitues earlier.

I am not saying he definitively is not up to the task, because in every box other than tactical, I rate him very highly, but the questions over his tactical ability, and therefore ability to win major honours, remain.

I think this serious weakness will be exposed in the coming Cup matches (No not Scunthorpe) and second half of the season, we will get dumped out of both Cups when up against decent opposition, imho, given Hughes lack of tactical nous.

To use your words get a grip!
We have drawn our last 2 away games to teams who have beaten Chelsea
We have played 8 games as opposed to 9 that most have played
We have played 5 away and only 3 at home , Rags 5 at home 3 away.Chelsea 4 home 5 away, Spuds 4 home 5 away, Arse 5 home 3 away.
Players getting fit and more to become available soon
Draws away are vital especially when you are not firing on all cylinders

FFS. I know it is Monday morning but give it a break. The man is doing a good job under probably more scrutiny than any other manager in the league.

It sounds as though some of you won't be happy until we get on the manager merry go round again. Count your blessings we could have someone like that twat at the swamp, god forbid.

The Fat el Hombre said:
citoeast said:

Usual bile
#
Man of no substance or points view apparently.

This post is 90% praise for hughes 10% constructive criticsim, which is helpful and necessary for success./ Why do so many just see the criticism and misconstrue it as destructive. Read the post, be open minded and realise everyone, Hughes included has weaknesses that need improvement.

citoeast said:
This post is 90% praise for hughes 10% constructive criticsim, which is helpful and necessary for success./ Why do so many just see the criticism and misconstrue it as destructive. Read the post, be open minded and realise everyone, Hughes included has weaknesses that need improvement.

I would have said it was a bit of a rant myself and some people just cannot wait to get on Hughes' back, nmany of whom have always wanted to hate him and look for reasons to justify themselves.

One thing I do agree on is the bit on Zabaleta. Zabaleta can be a brainless buffoon at times. who just lunges in and bugger the consequences. I just could not believe that Hughes did not bring him off because it was obvious to anyone that a red card was more likely than not, the way he was shaping up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.