Hughes To Be Sacked [Merged]

Well done Tolmie's Hairdoo for calling it right this morning...

But... Hmmmm... didn't I say that this would happen exactly as it did a mere 24 hours earlier?

But I'm not bitter!!!

Apart from the way it was handled I can't see what the owners have done wrong.

After all, they didn't appoint Mark Hughes but still supported him for 18months and gave him over 200mil to spend on players. They were willing to pay over the odds for players that he wanted, so for them to expect some kind of improvements or results is perfectly acceptable.

Let's be honest, our performances this season havent been great, with the exception of a handful of games. The defence is a shambles and has conceeded 19 goals in 9 league games. We have also failed to beat the majority of the teams we've played from the bottom half of the table.

If they have no confidence in him then why wait until the end of the season ? Why give him even more money to spend in Jan ? If they were going to do it then it had to be done now. They just could have been a bit more tactful.

I thought Hughes's signings were brilliant -- bringing in quality to the club while weakening rivals. I loved the tone he took with the media, and he seemed like a good guy to have in charge. I admit I'm sad to see him go, especially this way.

But the performance on the pitch the past 1.5 seasons have been so unacceptable, it's hard to argue with ownership's decision to part ways with Hughes.

I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone about last season's awful away performances-- losses against two of the relegated clubs and a bunch of other poor, poor results -- or how City finished below a club that needed a miraculous escape the previous season to avoid the drop. Seventh place was the absolute minimum acceptable finish for City, and they failed to achieve even that.

Going into the summer, the expectation for this season was set at a top six finish. Then City ended up embarking on a massive summer spending spree and it was acknowledged that the timeline for The Project had been accelerated. Suddenly, Hughes and Cook no longer were sharing the objective for the season with the public.

Now we've seen that Liverpool don't even look like a side that will qualify for the Europa League, let alone the Champions League. Arsenal have been very, very beatable, so suddenly even third place is up for grabs. And what have City done to take advantage of this opportunity?

They showed a defensive fragility that made no lead safe. Just thinking about some of the results in the past few months makes the head explode.

Burnley have lost all seven other away matches this season, with a -19 goal difference in those matches. Their only away point of the season? At CoMS, naturally.

Hull City are soon to be 0-1-7 in their other eight away matches this season, with a -18 goal difference. Yet they came to Eastlands and left with a point.

Then there was the 0-0 at Brum, the squandered two-goal lead at home against Fulham, and last weekend's 3-3 draw at hapless Bolton.

But none of this compares to the insipid performance City turned in midweek. Facing a Spurs club coming off a home loss to lowly Wolves and with internal problems stemming from the players' holiday party, City went to White Hart Lane and proceeded to crap on the club badge for 90 minutes. It was an absolutely shocking combination of apathy and ineptitude that convinced me Mark Hughes was no longer the man for the job.

City have -- at worst -- the third-best roster of talent in the Premier League. (You could make a strong argument for them being second only to Chelsea.) The results of the past few months have fallen so far below any reasonable expectation of performance, ownership would have had trouble telling any future transfer targets of their lofty aims if they allowed Hughes to stay on.

It's a shame, but in the end, Hughes only has himself to blame. Not good enough. No longer employed.

On balance, probably a good decision to change the entire coaching staff. Brian Kidd pops up again !

Sorry for Hughesy but the way we have chucked points away this season beggars belief. We really ought to be up there with the top 3 were it not for all those drawn games.

Yes, a dignified man, but too many press conferences full of verbal diahorrea and not enough passion.

Best wishes for the future Mark - 18 months balance of contract as a Christmas pressie will cushion the blow.

TOLMIE'S HAIRDOO WAS RIGHT !

DON'T LISTEN TO SPURSMAD LISTEN TO TOLMIE

HE HAS ALWAYS SAID HUGHES WAS GOING AND THAT OTHER MANAGERS (MOURINHO) HAD BEEN SOUNDED OUT AT VARIOUS TIMES

HE ALSO HAD INFO RE KAKA AT THE TIME

Couldn't give 2 sh*ts that Hughes has gone. Said last year, as one of the very few on this board, that he wasn't good enough. Passed the buck too much, lack of vision, lack of backbone, lack of good manager material.

Although I would have preferred Hiddink, I know that Mancini is a man that is not afraid to bring swashbuckling action to the club.

I think we will see a City that we haven't seen for many years come back and exciting times will be ahead. I think Robinho will reawaken as a player as Mancini knows how to use flair as much as Hughes didn't. I think Ireland will excel under Mancini as they are/ were similar type of players.

I am happy. Fooking happy!!!

Phone call at 11am MH gone by 7pm

Just back from the game through the Yorkshire Snow blizzards and another 180 mile trip, I received a call from a personnel friend that had it on good account that there would be a statement after todays game. This was at 11am today!!
That person worked at City for 25 years and had been notified by someone outside of the club that this was going to happen.
I said no way, as I had felt we had moved away from being a club run on a wim.
A complete joke of a club once again, forget your Hughes in Hughes Out bunch, we are a f....g laughing stock, bacon face must be laughing at us again. Ok we were a sham at the back again today, but I tell you what, having spent £158 again today at least I came away with a smile on my face.
And yes I will be at the Stoke game next week supporting the new managher then I will be at Boro, so befoe anyone one starts saying about not being a supporter, bollocks I am just so pissed off the way this has been done, MH should take great credit in the fact he stood there for 90 mins infront of 44,000 knowing he had lost his job.
We didn't have the bottle to tell the 44,000 yes once again we are f.....g joke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.