HUGHES TO GET NEW CONTRACT!!!

I won't believe anything until the club make an official announcement, however if this does turn out to be true, I think its the most sensible thing the club have done since sanction the sale of Joey Barton. Not only will it put constant media speculation about his future to bed, but it will also end all the uncertainty amongst the players about who will be in charge next season, they will have to listen up to Hughes' authority more, because whether they like it or not, he's there for the long haul.

There are encouraging signs under Hughes, our attacking play is some of the best I've seen, far different from the conservativeness of Sven, and the dourness of Pearce. He gives the young academy players chances: Ireland looked to be going to Sunderland, but has been a revelation this season now he is no longer playing on the right side of midfield, Onouha also looked to be going in January but has played every game since coming back from injury, and the best of his career, Etuhu is being given opportunities (shame he's been injured), Johnson obviously has a big part to play hence the rejected bid from Newcastle, a new contract for Sturridge is being pushed (if he chooses not to sign then thats his problem, what makes him think he'll get automatic first team at Aston Villa?), Logan made his Premier League debut, and Wiess has featured on the bench. There are obviously things that need to be improved on, the away form goes without saying, sometimes questionable tactics and team selections, but he will only learn from his mistakes. Hughes is building something, and getting rid of him at the end of the season, is just going back to square 1. Its not fantasy football, where you just buy a few players, then suddenly your at the top of the league. City are not a top Premier League club, since we came up to the top flight in 2002, our highest position has been 8th (achieved only once), we've had a few relegation battles, and we've never qualified for Europe via a league position. Quite frankly, we're a mediocre, mid table club at best, its going to take time to turn us into a top club.

summer priorities:
puma kit deal
2 new players
hughes new contract
re design badge
thats my happy list

moomba
Blackburn finished in the top 10 twice under Souness too. I think Hughes did a good job at Blackburn, but people are making something out of it that just didn't happen.

Shocking Example. They was rock bottom when he went their, and turned them around into a solid top 10 team.

Shooter 83 said:
moomba
Blackburn finished in the top 10 twice under Souness too. I think Hughes did a good job at Blackburn, but people are making something out of it that just didn't happen.

Shocking Example. They was rock bottom when he went their, and turned them around into a solid top 10 team.

But played absolutely terrible football and won nothing.

scorer said:
Shooter 83 said:
moomba

What do you want him to do play good stuff like west brom and go down. Dont be silly.

moomba said:
bluepeter62 said:
I do apologise then. I guess he is just another rag hating City fan who hates everything and everyone ever connected with them.

Having a rag in charge doesn't bother me in the slightest, if they are the best person for the job.

Oh yes it does my friend. You just aren't as blatant in your criticism like Mike D and others. That's why when people point out he had a good record at Blackburn, you come out with your usual Souness jibe.

Shooter 83 said:
scorer said:
Shooter 83 said:
moomba

What do you want him to do play good stuff like west brom and go down. Dont be silly.

No, I want him to play exciting football and to be challenging for the top 6....

bluepeter62 said:
moomba said:
bluepeter62 said:
I do apologise then. I guess he is just another rag hating City fan who hates everything and everyone ever connected with them.

Having a rag in charge doesn't bother me in the slightest, if they are the best person for the job.

Oh yes it does my friend. You just aren't as blatant in your criticism like Mike D and others. That's why when people point out he had a good record at Blackburn, you come out with your usual Souness jibe.

I dont care who he plaed for whatsoever and he won nothing at Blackburn. How does this make him (a 45 year old Welshman) a great up and coming British football manager??

If he was late 30's maybe.

bluepeter62 said:
moomba said:
bluepeter62 said:

This is certainly the way it reads moomba, true or not.

scorer said:
bluepeter62 said:
moomba said:
bluepeter62 said:

I dont care who he plaed for whatsoever and he won nothing at Blackburn. How does this make him (a 45 year old Welshman) a great up and coming British football manager??

If he was late 30's maybe.

Lol, you're so clueless it's funny hahahahahahahahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.