HUGHES TO GET NEW CONTRACT!!!

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Manchester City is in a unique position in world football. It has opportunities available to it, because of the cash, that are not open to anyone else.

Therefore, it is ridiculous that people preach 'patience' in the hope that we develop a mediocre manager and in a couple of years might have a team that is capable of doing what Villa are doing this season after having circa £300m spent on it.

Teams like Wigan and Bolton are in a position where they have to develop a manager with talent and that is the best option for them. Taking a risk that the average manager they choose is going to turn out eventually to be a very good one. That is there only option. They cannot attract anyone better.

(PS: in those stakes their selection process must be better than ours. Bruce took over a team going down, in the relegation zone and with minimal spending (at least compared to Hughes) has immediately taken them to form over a year and a bit that is circa top six in it's standard - that's what good managers do when they take over - improve teams - not spend £120m to stand still).

Anyway, we have the opportunity to attract the very best to this club, and that includes management. If Kaka or another to class midfielder, were to agree to come in the summer would we be saying "Actually, although Kaka is great, Fernandes has shown one of two glimpses of potential in the last couple of years, along with a lot of poor performances. Fuck Kaka, we'll stick with patience and develop Gelson."

No we wouldn't.

The same reasoning was given for loads when signing Given to replace Hart. So called progress.

Well, along the same lines, there are probably at least a dozen managers who are far better placed and skilled to take this club forward immediately than Hughes is. Managers who might have at least equaled the impact that a Bruce or a Megson or an Alladyce had on their respective teams in their first season. Yet we should have 'patience' and hope that next season he might be able to do what Gary Megson and Steve Bruce have already managed and get a decent set of results together relative to the money he has spent and players available to him.

I bet he can't believe his luck. The richest club in the world and there's a large amount of people who want to shun the opportunities that offers and use it as his own personal development project - instead of making decisions to make it the very best it can be.

Anyway, as we all know, give a manager 4 seasons and he automatically turns into the next Arsene Wenger. Jeez, give a manager 4 seasons with £120m a season and he'll probably turn into the bastard son of Wenger, Fergie and The Special One.

Quite simply the most drivel I have heard in my entire life. You are just a rag hating City fan, who cannot give Hughes any credit simply because he used to play for them. His record at Blackburn shows that he is a top Premiership manager, and the football they played was far superior that Everton and Aston Villa play. Since he has come to City our attacking play has been much better than last year and our team play continues to progress.

I am quite confident that we will finish in the top 4 next season and win the Premiership with Hughes within 4 years. Of course that is not good enough for our deluded rag hating City fans on this forum, who are under the misguided impression that with Sven in charge we would have won the league this year. I suspect you lot have been playing Fantasy Football for much too long my friends and need to come back to reality.

bluepeter62 said:
His record at Blackburn shows that he is a top Premiership manager

His record at Blackburn was 4 points a season better than Graeme Souness '

moomba said:
bluepeter62 said:
His record at Blackburn shows that he is a top Premiership manager

His record at Blackburn was 4 points a season better than Graeme Souness '

He finished in the top 10 in his 3 fulls seasons and twice got to FA Cup semi-finals, a record that no City manager has achieved since the Premiership was created.

However, your agenda has always to be to hope for Hughes to be sacked and criticise anyone who shows any kind of support for him.

You are in fact the saddest person on this forum, over 10,000 posts and practically nothing positive to say about the club. I guess you just love to moan.

bluepeter62 said:
You are in fact the saddest person on this forum, over 10,000 posts and practically nothing positive to say about the club. I guess you just love to moan.

You obviously weren't on here when the worlds greatest manager Stuart pearce was the manager mate.

I used to think moomba was some sort of google bot designed by Wardle to reply with a standard positive response to evry bit of criticism

The Fat el Hombre said:
bluepeter62 said:

You obviously weren't on here when the worlds greatest manager Stuart pearce was the manager mate.

I used to think moomba was some sort of google bot designed by Wardle to reply with a standard positive response to evry bit of criticism

I do apologise then. I guess he is just another rag hating City fan who hates everything and everyone ever connected with them.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Manchester City is in a unique position in world football. It has opportunities available to it, because of the cash, that are not open to anyone else.

Therefore, it is ridiculous that people preach 'patience' in the hope that we develop a mediocre manager and in a couple of years might have a team that is capable of doing what Villa are doing this season after having circa £300m spent on it.

Teams like Wigan and Bolton are in a position where they have to develop a manager with talent and that is the best option for them. Taking a risk that the average manager they choose is going to turn out eventually to be a very good one. That is there only option. They cannot attract anyone better.

(PS: in those stakes their selection process must be better than ours. Bruce took over a team going down, in the relegation zone and with minimal spending (at least compared to Hughes) has immediately taken them to form over a year and a bit that is circa top six in it's standard - that's what good managers do when they take over - improve teams - not spend £120m to stand still).

Anyway, we have the opportunity to attract the very best to this club, and that includes management. If Kaka or another to class midfielder, were to agree to come in the summer would we be saying "Actually, although Kaka is great, Fernandes has shown one of two glimpses of potential in the last couple of years, along with a lot of poor performances. Fuck Kaka, we'll stick with patience and develop Gelson."

No we wouldn't.

The same reasoning was given for loads when signing Given to replace Hart. So called progress.

Well, along the same lines, there are probably at least a dozen managers who are far better placed and skilled to take this club forward immediately than Hughes is. Managers who might have at least equaled the impact that a Bruce or a Megson or an Alladyce had on their respective teams in their first season. Yet we should have 'patience' and hope that next season he might be able to do what Gary Megson and Steve Bruce have already managed and get a decent set of results together relative to the money he has spent and players available to him.

I bet he can't believe his luck. The richest club in the world and there's a large amount of people who want to shun the opportunities that offers and use it as his own personal development project - instead of making decisions to make it the very best it can be.

Anyway, as we all know, give a manager 4 seasons and he automatically turns into the next Arsene Wenger. Jeez, give a manager 4 seasons with £120m a season and he'll probably turn into the bastard son of Wenger, Fergie and The Special One.

Possibly the most embarrassing post i've ever read from a so called city fan! It's high time the " i never wanted a red in charge" brigade started to support what the club are doing, even if it means their own fragile egos taking a knock! You know who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I've said before Mark Hughes just cannot win. He's an ex-rag player and if we were to win next years premiership by 10 points there would be people on here moaning because he could have won it by 20 points - he's such an easy target.

Give him a break - he's not got an easy job and if our away form improves we'll easily be a top 6 team before long.

bluepeter62 said:
He finished in the top 10 in his 3 fulls seasons and twice got to FA Cup semi-finals, a record that no City manager has achieved since the Premiership was created.

Blackburn finished in the top 10 twice under Souness too. I think Hughes did a good job at Blackburn, but people are making something out of it that just didn't happen.

However, your agenda has always to be to hope for Hughes to be sacked and criticise anyone who shows any kind of support for him.

Really, in the last week I've said it's a bit pointless to sack Hughes now, also praised him for our UEFA Cup results and said if we get to the final I think he deserves another year. I've not criticised anyone who thinks differently, they are perfectly entitled to their opinion which I think is a reasonable one to have. If I disagree with something then I will say so, that (to me) is what discussion is all about, but I don't see that as criticism of anyone.

But you seem to be happy to insult me because my opinion is different to yours. It's a shame, because this board is getting less and less one where you can have a good football discussion, even a disagreement and on the odd occasion argument.

People would much rather just shout down anyone that doesn't conform to the accepted view, and this board is much the worse for that attitude IMO.

The Fat el Hombre said:

And as you well know I've never claimed Pearce was the greatest manager ever, or even a great manager. But don't let the truth get in the way of anything.

bluepeter62 said:
I do apologise then. I guess he is just another rag hating City fan who hates everything and everyone ever connected with them.

Having a rag in charge doesn't bother me in the slightest, if they are the best person for the job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.