Hughes Transfer Strategy ?

Re: Is Mark Hughes a coward?

I must of been dreaming then?
I'm sure we went in for Eto'o and Zhirkov during this window.......

*Danamy shakes his head

Brucie Bonus said:
RobbieBrewer said:
What a stupid thread title.I despair sometimes.
I despaired this morning when an EDITOR of a large website, published an article about us that contained numerous errors, the least of which was this - "upping the anti".

It's "ante" you plank...prior, not against. This kind of shit is really starting to piss me off.

"It's just football".

It's just your own fucking language!

obvious freudian slip.

"hmmm, what headline shall I use for this anti-city tosh?"

p.s. Hughes is a realist. He knows if he doesn't hit the ground running, he won't be around by the time the players he's brought from abroad have settled in.

Spot on. He has been successful so far in securing his realistic targets IMO.

I can see why he wants premiership proven players but I think he has enough of those now.

Players from abroad that he should gamble on:

Westermann
Sessegnon
Elm

all three of those are absolute quality and wouldn't even represent a particular big monetary risk.

I think Lescott is the last piece of the jigsaw at this stage of the Project (Stage 1)
When we have the carrott of European football then we can attract Europes best (Stage 2)

Andouble said:
Hughes knows he doesn't have the luxury of time so buying players from abroad and putting them straight into the first team could be a nightmare for him and his job status. Quite frankly I think the transfer plan he's had this summer has been brilliant.

Brilliant??? Fecking hell, you're easily impressed. "Acceptable" would be my assessment.

Chippy_boy said:
Andouble said:
Hughes knows he doesn't have the luxury of time so buying players from abroad and putting them straight into the first team could be a nightmare for him and his job status. Quite frankly I think the transfer plan he's had this summer has been brilliant.

Brilliant??? Fecking hell, you're easily impressed. "Acceptable" would be my assessment.

no....brilliant is the correct term......acceptable is not enough credit...........

I really don't like the way we seem to be limiting our options by only buying prem proven players. I also think it's a bit of a cop out as other managers have taken gambles on the players and we're just buying them off them for much higher fees and ridiculous wages. Anyone can pay way over the odds and simply buy the better players in the league, the biggest problemn I have is that the players we seem to be looking at now aren't even the best players in the league. Is Kolo Toure really that good? Can we afford to have a centre half who's so poor in the air when our team has struggled so badly with our physical presence problem?

I can tell you know that he ain't worth the £100-120k a week we're paying him, Bellamy ain't worth the 90-100k a week we're paying him and neither is Bridge. Bad decisions are being made IMO and only highly impressive results excessive funds from the arabs will see us through and the arabs aren't just gonna throw hundreds of millions year after year at it if we ain't getting results. Don't give me that 'it ain't our money' bullshit. The fact of the matter is that with their current contracts we are going to be paying certain players wages for the next 4 years even though they will be playing for other teams, as they probably won't be good enough for the long run and no other club in the world will be willing to pay anything near what we are curtrently paying them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.