Hughes: We are not in a relegation battle.

RobsondeSouza said:
Jeez this guy takes the biscuit i know he is fighting to keep his job but to say we are not in the relegation fight is just plain stupid. Ok we are technically 4 points from the bottom 3 because of our goal difference but i'm sure you'll all agree the prospect of losing just 1 game and others winning 1 will bring us level on points with third bottom :( if this happens who knows how low we could actually fall and what effect this will have on the players.

I wonder when MH will wake up and have to guts to walk away and give us a chance to turn round the mess he has created, but i wont hold my breath as he will proberly wait to be sacked. I'm predicting we will actually see the likes of Robinho, Jo, Richards and SWP all looking to abandon the sinking ship MH has created at our club.
You basically have no idea how to manage a Premiership football club so why bother making stupid and puerile remarks likely to cause offence to serious fans of Manchester City FC. No way is Hughes "fighting to save his job" nor are we "in a relegation fight". My guess is that you want to see us strruggle just to satisfy your inflated ego.

So did you expect us to win with the team that started yesterday plus the bench we had ?

The team yesterday was little better than we had under Pearce, its a "relegation battle" team, but its hardly Hughes fault that most of the first team are injured.

What I don't agree with is where some of the players are actually playing, but that's another matter. I don't like Hughes, never have, but the resources available yesterday meant damage limitation, and I'd say 1-1 was that, no matter how shite we looked, if we are in a relegation battle, then that was a GOOD point. personally I don't think we are, but we are very inconsistent, and until we sort that out we'll make no progress, and for me Hughes is not the man to spend a lot of money, next month, or next summer.

"They are content with just finishing fifth or sixth. They are content with little, thinking just a draw might be good enough. They lack the mentality of champions." Robinho

"It was not a game we expected to win" Mark hughes

Juxtaposed together, looks great doesn't it.

svennis pennis said:
Would Hughes be facing so much criticism if he just played the players we have got fit in their correct positions?

I would have sympathy for the injury crisis if i didn't look at his team sheets and think, what the...surely not!! Every single game.

Ireland on Left Wing
Sweep through the middle
Vassell on the right
Hamann?
Benjani!!

Ched Evans for Benjani.?

Not to mention Elano on the bench for a few games. I agree the fans would be more tolerant of the situation but he doesn't make it easy using such poor tactics.

cleavers said:
So did you expect us to win with the team that started yesterday plus the bench we had ?

I expected those involved to aim for three points. It goes back to Robinho's comments about mentality, and I thought yesterdays game was exactly what he was talking about.

I'm not saying it was a bad result, but it's a big concern that was the extent of our ambition yesterday. And I thought it showed, the backpasses to Hart at the end of the game being the perfect illustration of that.

What's Tevez's correct position? Or Roonaldo? The whole ''correct'' position isn't scientific. All managers put out who they feel will do best against the opposition.

So we didn't beat Fulham away without some of our best players. Not exactly relegation form. Just as beating Arsenal didn't guarantee we'll finish top four.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.