Hughesy in spain watchin barca....

johnmc said:
hgblue said:
Just an opinion. Care to name some better ones?

Well Essien for starters. Wy are Barca letting the best DM in the world go? And why is he not getting a game in any case? I think the rags knew they were selling tranny well before it went through but they still played him.

I don't see Essien as a defensive midfielder tbh (top player that he is). As I said earlier, I think Barca want Robinho, which is why they may be willing to let Yaya go. As for why he isn't getting a game, would you leave Barca to come to City if you were playing regularly?

vincent said:
S.E.H said:
Heard this mornin he was supposedly looking at some Osasuna full back.

I believe they have a quality young left back who madrid have been tracking. Not sure we need a LB though.
César Azpilicueta

Full name César Azpilicueta Tanco
Date of birth August 28, 1989 (1989-08-28) (age 20)
Place of birth Pamplona, Spain
Height 1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
Playing position Wingback
Years Club App (Gls)*
2006–2008
2007– Osasuna B
Osasuna
66 0(0)
National team2
2007–2008
2008– Spain U17
Spain U19
Spain U20
Spain U21 10 0(0)
18 0(2)
05 0(0)
09 0(0)
1 Senior club appearances and goals
counted for the domestic league only and
correct as of 31 May 2009.
2 National team caps and goals correct
as of 5 October 2009.
* Appearances (Goals)

This is a Spanish name; the first family name is Azpilicueta and the second is Tanco.
César Azpilicueta Tanco (born August 28, 1989 in Pamplona, Navarre) is a Spanish footballer currently playing with CA Osasuna, as a right back.

Club career
A product of hometown side CA Osasuna's youth system, Azpilicueta made his La Liga debut on April 8, 2007, in a 2–0 loss at Real Madrid, while still registered with the reserve team. He started his career as a midfielder.

In 2007–08, profiting from injuries to teammates, Azpilicueta became first-choice, albeit as right defender, aged just 18, a position he maintained for the following season, appearing in all the games but two for the club.

hgblue said:
I don't see Essien as a defensive midfielder tbh (top player that he is). As I said earlier, I think Barca want Robinho, which is why they may be willing to let Yaya go. As for why he isn't getting a game, would you leave Barca to come to City if you were playing regularly?

Well thats another debate what Essien is.

And I suppose it is feasible that a deal is agreed with us and Barca agreeing to not play Rob and Yaya in readiness. You rate Yaya very highly and thats fair enough, personally i would feel short changed with this deal. I'm not sure Yaya can do more than NDJ or even VK who is prob more similar to him, and we would lose our one true mega star. If it happens so be it.

johnmc said:
hgblue said:

Well thats another debate what Essien is.

And I suppose it is feasible that a deal is agreed with us and Barca agreeing to not play Rob and Yaya in readiness. You rate Yaya very highly and thats fair enough, personally i would feel short changed with this deal. I'm not sure Yaya can do more than NDJ or even VK who is prob more similar to him, and we would lose our one true mega star. If it happens so be it.

Don't get me wrong, nobody would be more gutted than me if we were to lose Robinho,
even if we get a player I rate very highly in return. I hope the deal has nothing to do with Robbie, and I'm putting two and two together and getting five!

Cesar Azpilicueta

Azpilicueta is a 20 year old Spaniard who plays for Osasuna.....He became the youngest player ever to play in the a European competition when he started the game second leg against Rangers in the last 16 of the UEFA cup.

He has been the captain of Spain's Under 17 side and plays at right back but can also play on the wing. He has played for the Spanish under 17, 19 and 21 sqauds. Scoring 2 goals for the under 19's. And started his career as a midfielder.

He defnitely has a bright future and WILL be one of the top right backs in the world in a few years time.

Ricster said:
Cesar Azpilicueta

Azpilicueta is a 20 year old Spaniard who plays for Osasuna.....He became the youngest player ever to play in the a European competition when he started the game second leg against Rangers in the last 16 of the UEFA cup.

He has been the captain of Spain's Under 17 side and plays at right back but can also play on the wing. He has played for the Spanish under 17, 19 and 21 sqauds. Scoring 2 goals for the under 19's. And started his career as a midfielder.

He defnitely has a bright future and WILL be one of the top right backs in the world in a few years time.

I would love us to have just cos he's called Cesar, we could have some real fun with that. Oh and he's a top RB as well helps.

I really want Robbie to stay, but can't help but feel he'll end up at Barca.

Yaya Henry Pedro and Bojan please :P

But in all honesty, Yaya is one of the best DMs around, but De Jong is in great form so its harsh to replace him already.
Henry is a fantastic player, but would he fit in, do we need him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.