Hughesy in spain watchin barca....

Rammy Blue said:
if you believe he was there to watch an Osasuna player then you are rather gullible.

Hughes is hardly going to zip over on a private jet the night before a prem game to check out a promising youngster.

just a question really of who is our main Barca target?

Good question. Yaya Toure?

hgblue said:
Rammy Blue said:
if you believe he was there to watch an Osasuna player then you are rather gullible.

Hughes is hardly going to zip over on a private jet the night before a prem game to check out a promising youngster.

Yaya and Henry are two realistic departures from Barca - however i would be disappointed if Hughes went all the way to see either of these two the night before a game as they were never likely to play

johnmc said:
Rammy Blue said:

Why would you have to be rather gullable? If this kid is a hot prospect then why not watch him. It doesnt have to be a Barca player just because they are higher profile. Who was in the Barca starting 11 then you could see Barca selling? Not many I suggest.

We'll see in Jan then won't we?

Hughes may well have been checking out the Osasuna players however i firmly believe his main reason will have been to check on particular Barca players.

I love having Robbie at City and will be gutted if we let him go HOWEVER i am of the belief that we will let him go to Barca and if this happens in Jan then it will definitely be player swaps as we don't need the cash - Robbie is one hell of a bargaining chip and if Barca are so desperate to get him then there are a few players they may have to offer that they wouldn't ordinarily consider letting go off.

johnmc said:
hgblue said:

Yaya and Henry are two realistic departures from Barca - however i would be disappointed if Hughes went all the way to see either of these two the night before a game as they were never likely to play

Don't think he needs to see either of those two players play to know they are top quality to be honest. Maybe a deal is agreed with Barca, and this was a meet and greet?

johnmc said:
Rammy Blue said:

Why would you have to be rather gullable? If this kid is a hot prospect then why not watch him. It doesnt have to be a Barca player just because they are higher profile. Who was in the Barca starting 11 then you could see Barca selling? Not many I suggest.

It's possible he's watching Barca players but the 1st thing I thought was that there's probably a player in the Osasuna team we're close to singning & Hughes wants to see how he copes at the Nou Camp. Makes much more sense than travelling all the way to Spain to watch players he's already seen 20,000 times.

Wouldn't rule out the possibility that he could just be taking in the game whilst meeting reps from another club though.

Neville Kneville said:
johnmc said:

It's possible he's watching Barca players but the 1st thing I thought was that there's probably a player in the Osasuna team we're close to singning & Hughes wants to see how he copes at the Nou Camp. Makes much more sense than travelling all the way to Spain to watch players he's already seen 20,000 times.

Wouldn't rule out the possibility that he could just be taking in the game whilst meeting reps from another club though.

it was in Osasuna mate.

Rammy Blue said:
We'll see in Jan then won't we?

Hughes may well have been checking out the Osasuna players however i firmly believe his main reason will have been to check on particular Barca players.

I love having Robbie at City and will be gutted if we let him go HOWEVER i am of the belief that we will let him go to Barca and if this happens in Jan then it will definitely be player swaps as we don't need the cash - Robbie is one hell of a bargaining chip and if Barca are so desperate to get him then there are a few players they may have to offer that they wouldn't ordinarily consider letting go off.

I agree it is most likely to be to do with Barca players however I wouldn't want to rule us looking for hot prospects from all over not just at high profile clubs. The barca's of the world look at clubs like osasuna and take their best talent off them all the time so why shouldnt we. We shouldnt just be looking to buy the top players of the the top clubs all the time.

Also I am struggling to see who we would want that Barca would allow to leave in exchange for Rob. I mean you can rule out the keeper, Puyol (new deal), Keita, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Bojan and Ibra. An ageing Henry is a possibility but is on the decline and Yaya is the most obvious one but is he better than De Jong?

hgblue said:

Don't think he needs to see either of those two players play to know they are top quality to be honest. Maybe a deal is agreed with Barca, and this was a meet and greet?[/quote]

True but why have a meet and greet the day before a game of our own, and also it would make sense for it to be at Barca if they were hosting. It was a bit strange that both Hughes and Bowen were there though.

hgblue said:
johnmc said:

Don't think he needs to see either of those two players play to know they are top quality to be honest. Maybe a deal is agreed with Barca, and this was a meet and greet?

I don't think personally that it is a coincidence that Yaya has become a bit-part player as Barca's interest in Robbie has intensified.

From being first choice throughout their Chumps league and title victories he is now playing third fiddle to Busquets (sp?) and Keita.

Iniesta is also being used in the "Henry wide left" position whilst Thierry warms the bench.

Yaya and Henry could well be the 2 players we expect for Robbie to go the other way and as stated earlier maybe the deal is nearer than we think or even done in which case Hughesy would have every reason to be popping over to Spain.

Would love Robbie to stay but just can't see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.