Hughton Sacked.

And for every Southampton, there is a Swansea, or Blackpool and as I have stressed, the premier league is a roller-coaster of outcomes and fortunes. One minute you are flying high, playing good football and the next minute you are sacking your manger and consequently fighting relegation and reshaping and damaging the team. Southampton is actually rather unique in that they have one of the best programs and academy in England, which gives them and the right manager an advantage when it comes to having a vehicle for expansion and forward thinking. They made the changes at the right point and have brought in a manager that is building something that is at least entertaining the fans but the pertinent question is that how long will it last. Personally I do believe Southampton should be playing in the premier league but they have managed to mess this up at the helm but it remains to be seem whether this new era will last.

Cardiff and Norwich does not have that already established system so you cannot compare their situation to that of Southampton but it will be extremely far fetched for anyone to expect a new manager to come in and transform the system and structure so that it is similar to that of Southampton in a matter of a season or two or even three years.

So I am not buying this need for a change line because the club is in a situation that is rather familiar to all observers and what is clear is that changing a manager at this point of the season and a talented manager like Houghton does not produce anything positive and it more that often ends with the club being relegated. The bottom line is that the owners activated their distrust for Houghton because the envioronment and circumstance was condusive for it and they fired him with a sigh of relief and perhaps now, they think, they can higher a proper manager that maybe can emulate Southampton in the near future. Yeah sure.

As I said Houghton if given the time would have transformed things but there will be obstacles, problems and mistakes in the way but the wise thing is to stick to the manager in order to give yourself the opportunity to reap any sort of benefit by having a complete perspective and picture of the real consequences of your actions for giving him the job in the first place. One or two years doesn't cut it unless you always had doubts and never trusted him in the first place.

Managers live and die by results, gloom reality but clubs live and die by the capacity to stay the hand and persevere and the overwhelming evidence show that clubs in this kind of situations that sack their managers become championship clubs the next year or the year after, whereas clubs that stick to managers have a better chance for stability.

And maybe those players that supposedly don't want to play for Houghton will also fail out with the next one and the whole cycle repeats itself. Personally I don't see that as the problem , I see it as a club in a familiar situation of a relegation struggle and the owners have seized the opportunity to pull the plug on the manager they do not want which may have pulled the plug on their prospects of remaining in the premier league but only time will tell.

Blueband Brother said:
And for every Southampton, there is a Swansea, or Blackpool and as I have stressed, the premier league is a roller-coaster of outcomes and fortunes. One minute you are flying high, playing good football and the next minute you are sacking your manger and consequently fighting relegation and reshaping and damaging the team. Southampton is actually rather unique in that they have one of the best programs and academy in England, which gives them and the right manager an advantage when it comes to having a vehicle for expansion and forward thinking. They made the changes at the right point and have brought in a manager that is building something that is at least entertaining the fans but the pertinent question is that how long will it last. Personally I do believe Southampton should be playing in the premier league but they have managed to mess this up at the helm but it remains to be seem whether this new era will last.

Cardiff and Norwich does not have that already established system so you cannot compare their situation to that of Southampton but it will be extremely far fetched for anyone to expect a new manager to come in and transform the system and structure so that it is similar to that of Southampton in a matter of a season or two or even three years.

So I am not buying this need for a change line because the club is in a situation that is rather familiar to all observers and what is clear is that changing a manager at this point of the season and a talented manager like Houghton does not produce anything positive and it more that often ends with the club being relegated. The bottom line is that the owners activated their distrust for Houghton because the envioronment and circumstance was condusive for it and they fired him with a sigh of relief and perhaps now, they think, they can higher a proper manager that maybe can emulate Southampton in the near future. Yeah sure.

As I said Houghton if given the time would have transformed things but there will be obstacles, problems and mistakes in the way but the wise thing is to stick to the manager in order to give yourself the opportunity to reap any sort of benefit by having a complete perspective and picture of the real consequences of your actions for giving him the job in the first place. One or two years doesn't cut it unless you always had doubts and never trusted him in the first place.

Managers live and die by results, gloom reality but clubs live and die by the capacity to stay the hand and persevere and the overwhelming evidence show that clubs in this kind of situations that sack their managers become championship clubs the next year or the year after, whereas clubs that stick to managers have a better chance for stability.

And maybe those players that supposedly don't want to play for Houghton will also fail out with the next one and the whole cycle repeats itself. Personally I don't see that as the problem , I see it as a club in a familiar situation of a relegation struggle and the owners have seized the opportunity to pull the plug on the manager they do not want which may have pulled the plug on their prospects of remaining in the premier league but only time will tell.

Why are you comparing Norwich to Cardiff and Blackpool? Cardiff have a terrible egomanic in Tan and Blackpool have a chairman who's pocketing as mcuh cash as possible out of that club.

Southamptons setup has nothing to do with Pochetino, Southampton made a huge gamble and it paid off, it was a more unpopular move to sack Adkins too.

You speak as though Hughton was turning Norwich around, he wasn't. They have been poor since the start of 2013 onwards and look he's only won 4 games out of the last 20 for heavens sake. They backed him with half a dozen signings and more, three of which were strikers yet he never got a tune out of them. That is alarming and no matter how idealistic your views, as a coach he failed to get the most out of the tools provided and the exit door was shown. It is easy to have the moral high-ground and be idealistic but when you sanction over £12m on two strikers and pay out £100k pw in wages to them and they both flop then I can only imagine things are quite rightly going to be frosty.

They should be mid-table at the very least and yet they are only 5 points clear of relegation and in worrying form, how you claim Hughton was hard done to is beyond me. It's a result based business and the results have been poor, what else is there to argue? Hypotheticals and ideals? No, Norwich backed Hughton well, their investments seem poor value and they are bang in the trouble. This is far, far, far from a Cardiff.

Crystal Palace and Pulis have proved you don't need to spend millions on players to survive. Obviously it helps if they are top drawer though.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26694315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26694315</a>

Crystal Palace
01 Speroni
03 Mariappa Booked
02 Ward
08 Dikgacoi
06 Dann Booked
27 Delaney
13 Puncheon Booked
15 Jedinak
30 Jerome
28 Ledley
07 Bolasie Booked

Speroni, Ward, other bloke, Delaney, Jedinak, Bolasie were at the club last year, Mariappa was less than 2 million, Jerome's on loan, Ledley was less than a million, Dann was about 3 million. Holloway was completely out of his depth so the Palace spending millions is a myth as it's Pulisola's Palace and not farmer boy Holloway.

NipHolmes said:
Blueband Brother said:

Why are you comparing Norwich to Cardiff and Blackpool, Cardiff have a terrible egomanic in Tan and Blackpool have a chairman who's pocketing as mcuh cash as possible out of that club.

Southamptons setup has nothing to do with Pochetino, Southampton made a huge gamble and it paid off, it was a more unpopular move to sack Adkins too.

You speak as though Hughton was turning Norwich around, he wasn't. They have been poor since the start of 2013 onwards and luck. He won 4 games out of the last 20 for heavens sake. They backed him with half a dozen signings and more, three of which were strikers yet he never got a tune out of them. That is alarming and no matter how idealistic your views, as a coach he failed to get the most out of the tools provided and the exit door was shown. It is easy to have the moral high-ground and be idealistic but when you sanction over £12m on two strikers and pay out £100k pw in wages to them and they both flop then I can only imagine things are quite rightly going to be frosty.

They should be mid-table at the very least and yet they are only 5 points clear of relegation and in worrying form, how you claim Hughton was hard done to is beyond me. It's a result based business and the results have been poor, what else is there to argue? Hypotheticals and ideals? No, Norwich backed Hughton well, their investments seem poor value and they are bang in the trouble. This is far, far, far from a Cardiff.

I come back to what I have said about the nature of the premier league and the fact that there are no guarantees to what is going to transpire for most of the clubs. Norwich invested in some players that have not turned out to be the what was expected but look at the table and the way it fluctuates week by week. Also you will find that Norwich is not the only team that has invested in players. Some more than others but as with the bigger issue of the transfer of players in general, there is usually not a direct correlation between the money spent and the outcome of the season. This is particularly true for the cases of clubs at the lower end of the table. Sunderland is a prime example and QPR is another and firing the manager has not helped them as well. Even Cardiff invested in players with their new ''popular name'' manager and looked how it has turned out. As for records, that is one angle of looking at it and selling your point but as with all leagues in sports, teams are in certain positions because they are losing or winning certain amount of games so I don't think that any means of highlighting the issues at Norwich as you can also pull out records of other clubs as well in that position.

I find it difficult to believe that there was an expectation for Norwich to finish in mid table, an ideal outcome but not an expected outcome as is the nature of the league, certainly not at this stage. Also looking at the league, you can clearly note that there is little difference points wise between the teams at the lower end of the table. So it really comes down to the true objectives of the club going forward and I don't believe firing a manager like Hughton increases their chance of achieving whatever vision they have. The season has not been incredible but as I said, that applies to many other teams in that situation and to say that Norwich should finish mid table because they spent 12 million on players is not really grasping the dynamics of the premier league.

Back to Southampton, their structure is different from that of Norwich so you cannot compare and expect the next manager to come into the club and make that immediate transformation because he will be working with different kind of resources and different players. I use the same word again dynamics. Crystal Palace are playing well at the moment but there are six games and who knows what could happen between now and the end of the season. Norwich are 5 points clear of relegation but there is also 4 points between them and the 12 place team so as I said, it fluctuates but the look of Norwich this week in terms of being 17th is not a pretty sight and so the owners seized on that. In the context of staying up I don't believe that sacking Hughton will increase their chances and this just seems a good opportunity to get rid of a manager they do not want.

Trusting the manager especially at this point in the season is not about ideals, it is simply the proven way to do things but owners for whatever reason don't want to persevere and they revert to the panic maneuver of sacking the manager, which more than often turn out to be the wrong decision and often pulls the clubs into deeper depths and they tend to remain there for a while afterwards.

The dynamics and competitiveness of the premier league implies that is a false assertion to expect most clubs apart from the top 7 plus Newcastle perhaps to finish in the mid table. Sacking Chris Hughton was a bad decision and he was absolutely hard done to and this desperate, opportunists act will probably backfire on them but at least they will now have the comfort of trusting the new man at the helm as the one to take the club forward and finish mid table or maybe win the champions league one day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.