Hughton Sacked.

What's Terry Connor up to these days? He did a cracking job helping Wolves sink like a stone, maybe he can do a similar job for Norwich? Just seems a really strange time to get rid of a manager, when there is no time to actually change anything tactically

BoyBlue_1985 said:
aguero93:20 said:
Markt85 said:
The glimmer of hope they have is that Fulham, Sunderland and Cardiff are really shite.

Bottom 7 all sacked there managers this season and it has made little affect. So glad we have owners that can see reasoning behind a bad patch.
and a manager on an incredibly high wage that you'd still have to pay if you sacked him? ;)
Hard luck yesterday Mark, the effort was much appreciated.
Are we talking about the same owners who sacked a manager that kept you up and brought in a manager that had just been relegated and in turn relegated you meaning you had to then sack that manager to bring in the current manager and have driven the club in to more debt than you had before sold off your stadium for around £30 miilion less than its worth and made you tenants in a stadium that in no way was built to host football
Cracking fellas

Avram was a disaster but Allardyce has exceeded all expectations (bar not playing like Barcelona) -

The owners saved our club from going into liquidation and have personally financed deals out there own pocket, i cant wait for the move to the Olympic Stadium and with Spurs making a late bid, did we have a choice ? Spurs playing down the road at the Olympic Stadium whilst were left with little Upton Park, we will only gain from this move. Much rather these owners compared to the likes of Fulham, Cardiff, Hull etc... there hammers fans themselves and although of corse businessman look for profit they ultimately have the clubs interests at heart.

Have no choice? more like waiting for an excuse or a conducive enough situation to get rid of a manager they don't really want. Giving a press conference just shows how shoddy the whole thing was. Such a shame that a good manager like Hughton is not given a chance in the premier league to build something up and achieve his goals.

I am certain that the new manager or any other manager they appoint will keep them up and keep them clear of relegation next season and perhaps even qualify for Europe because that is where Norwich should be this season and every season.

Bloody shame.

Always rated Hughton, ever since his heroics at Newcastle before being cruelly sacked, then his great job at Birmingham.

However, he really screwed up his gig at Norwich, his side needs goals and they bought Hooper and Wolfswinkel to get them, Hughton never got them going whereas say Hull bought two strikers in jan (4 months less than Hughton) and Bruce has Jelavic and Long playing well, creating and scoring.

Redmond is Norwich's difference maker, he has moments of magic Norwich need, yet Hugton again failed to utilise him adequately. You must remember guys, Norwish invested heavily for a side that are new boys in this league, the board must feel poor value on returns for heavy investment and Hughton really looked out of ideas. I don't agree with the timing but I agree that his time was up. If I was Norwich I'd go and fetch Atkins from Reading, Mackay is the obvious favourite in many peoples eyes but I don't feel he'd compliment their squad to the level Atkins could.

It's easy to have the moral high-ground as a fan, but as a board member of a multi-million pound business big calls have to be made. Norwich are a well ran club imo and fair dues that they pulled the trigger as they only have the clubs best interests at heart which is staying up and building for next year. Best to get a new manager in, identify problems and solve these problems in the summer instead of keeping Hughton till the end of season and missing out on players they could do with.

With a good replacement and staying up, Norwich will prove their decision wise. If they epically fail and get relegated and appoint a Solbakken-esque replacement then Jez Moxey has rivals for the worst decision in football since Wolves.

The timing isnt right at all. Chris sets his team up well and recently at home they have been solid and winning some home games. Away from home to easy to break down and beat but you can say that about the most of the bottom half teams. I would of said yes to sack Hughton if they had a replacement who had management experience so this is weird as its a huge job and this lad will only be a stop gap until the end of the season.
In reality his forwards have let him down. Gary Hooper has scored goals in Scotland and European competitions. I honestly thought that signing alone would of been the 1 to kick them onto a new level but he is so out of form and isnt near the levels of his time at Celtic the biggest flop of the season for me. Same to with the Wolf who a lot of rival fans thought was a extremely good signing for Norwich. Shame neither of these signings have worked out and this cost Hughton his job. I honestly thought they would of went for Defoe but that never happen and I am in shock no English team paid him the money for his services as he is a goalscorer and a good 1 too.

As for Chris I honestly think he is 1 of the good guys. IF Mark Hughes can get another job in the league chances are Chris could well be back. I good coach too. Dont think he will be out of football for long.

Markt85 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
aguero93:20 said:
and a manager on an incredibly high wage that you'd still have to pay if you sacked him? ;)
Hard luck yesterday Mark, the effort was much appreciated.
Are we talking about the same owners who sacked a manager that kept you up and brought in a manager that had just been relegated and in turn relegated you meaning you had to then sack that manager to bring in the current manager and have driven the club in to more debt than you had before sold off your stadium for around £30 miilion less than its worth and made you tenants in a stadium that in no way was built to host football
Cracking fellas

Avram was a disaster but Allardyce has exceeded all expectations (bar not playing like Barcelona) -

The owners saved our club from going into liquidation and have personally financed deals out there own pocket, i cant wait for the move to the Olympic Stadium and with Spurs making a late bid, did we have a choice ? Spurs playing down the road at the Olympic Stadium whilst were left with little Upton Park, we will only gain from this move. Much rather these owners compared to the likes of Fulham, Cardiff, Hull etc... there hammers fans themselves and although of corse businessman look for profit they ultimately have the clubs interests at heart.
More debt then they inherited not personally backed by them but by the club as an asset while of course they did save the club so you have to thank them for that. Spurs idea would never of been accepted as they just wanted the land. Problem is they run the club like fans its not good for long term cash flow. If either of them died tomorrow the club would be facing liquidation again

NipHolmes said:
Always rated Hughton, ever since his heroics at Newcastle before being cruelly sacked, then his great job at Birmingham.

However, he really screwed up his gig at Norwich, his side needs goals and they bought Hooper and Wolfswinkel to get them, Hughton never got them going whereas say Hull bought two strikers in jan (4 months less than Hughton) and Bruce has Jelavic and Long playing well, creating and scoring.

Redmond is Norwich's difference maker, he has moments of magic Norwich need, yet Hugton again failed to utilise him adequately. You must remember guys, Norwish invested heavily for a side that are new boys in this league, the board must feel poor value on returns for heavy investment and Hughton really looked out of ideas. I don't agree with the timing but I agree that his time was up. If I was Norwich I'd go and fetch Atkins from Reading, Mackay is the obvious favourite in many peoples eyes but I don't feel he'd compliment their squad to the level Atkins could.

It's easy to have the moral high-ground as a fan, but as a board member of a multi-million pound business big calls have to be made. Norwich are a well ran club imo and fair dues that they pulled the trigger as they only have the clubs best interests at heart which is staying up and building for next year. Best to get a new manager in, identify problems and solve these problems in the summer instead of keeping Hughton till the end of season and missing out on players they could do with.

With a good replacement and staying up, Norwich will prove their decision wise. If they epically fail and get relegated and appoint a Solbakken-esque replacement then Jez Moxey has rivals for the worst decision in football since Wolves.

The premier league is indeed a multi-million pound business and yes big decisions have to be made. That is a reality that also serves as a cloak for owners to hide behind when they make unfair decisions like this. The premier league is a multi- million business and every club spends and thus it has become even more essential for newly promoted clubs to spend. Cardiff, Crystal Palace and the rest have all spent and have brought players that they feel will help them stay up. All the other clubs have also invested because as I said that is the way to keep up with the competition and don't get me started on how much Sunderland have spent over the past few years and how they keep on changing their managers and look at what it has done to them. Also look at what changing the manager at Cardiff has also done to them.

The issue about highlighting players like Redmond is a very easy stance to take if you are on the sidelines. He is a good player but ultimately it is the staff at Norwich that knows how each and every player applies himself behind the scenes. There are mistakes made in terms of buying players especially the teams in relegation scrap as there is a sense of desperation and urgency to get players and in many ways it is hit or miss. Steve Bruce has done well and is one of the candidates for manager of the year this year but I think that is an exception. Most clubs in that position struggle to identify the best players that will make the difference and more than often, that tends to be the difference but as I said most clubs in that position tend to struggle.

Ultimately it is a difficult battle for many clubs in the premier league. Some may hit the Jack pot like Hull and get a year or two reprieve from relegation scrap but are back down there fighting before you know it. We were in that situation not too long ago.Norwich and perhaps 6,7 maybe 8 clubs are currently that situation. I believe it is very disingenuous of the owners to submit that they expected Norwich to be sitting pretty at mid-table and not be in a relegation scrap or something like that because if that is the case, then they don't get the premier league.

Chris Hughton, in my opinion, is not only a talented manager but a top man with a lot of class as well. Being a manger of a club like Norwich always comes with many issues and difficulties like identifying the right players, fighting relegation etc but this as I said is expected. He is a manager that was working towards something and would have got it right if he has been given the chance at least another season. If they got relegated then there will be a good standard reason to sack him e.g objectives not met but I still think he is a talented and capable manager

And this is where perhaps me and the board disagree, evidently now. The perception of Hughton. The likelihood as I said earlier is that they don't want him and they don't see him as a person that has the capacity to manage their club. This is the same issue Hughton had with clubs in the past and this will also be an issue for Hughton in the future as well but he has to keep on going. He is not a Mark Hughes that looks like a manager you will put on the cover of football manager , that looks the part and consequently don't have to face any profound doubters. He and many other managers seem to always have a list of jobs waiting for them when they are sacked. Chris Hughton will always have that question mark on top of head as to whether he can be trusted to manage a premier league club as that reflects the general and awfully backward sentiment held by owners in that position. But some credit to Norwich at least they gave him the job in the first place. Houghton is a popular man and rightly so but i think that he has to be even more spectacular than other managers in his position in a short period of time to keep his job and keep the doubters away and that is always a bad and unfair situation to be in.

They say they did not have a choice but sack him, I say that they had to sack him now because if he kept Norwich up, which was a very real possibility then there will not be an excuse to get rid of him so it is either now or never for them and I hope it works out for them.. not! and I don't think is a wise decision.

Good luck to Hughton and I hope a club owner out there will give him another opportunity to prove the doubters wrong. I will end by saying that sacking managers at this stage of the season rarely produces anything positive and I now believe it to be an acceptance of defeat and in many cases relegation.

For every Cardiff there's a Southampton.

I don't know how anybody could argue Hughton has been good this season because frankly they haven't, they've been atrocious. They invested in some good players and he's fucked up similarly to how Holloway did at Crystal Palace.

I have already stated I rate him, his time at Newcastle and Birmingham proved he is a talented coach, however he has had a terrible campaign this season and much of the investment on players seems wasted, Norwich thought the investment would distance them from the drop and instead they're now in the mire with the real possibility of being relegated with an expensive wage-bill. If this was any over business his head would role so I don't get the sensitivity when it comes to these. Imagine this was Kwik Fit investing in making facilities bigger and widening their services to gain more profit i.e revamping the squad with better players and more goal-scorers than Grant Holt. No matter which way it's going to be viewed at Hughton's sacking is understandable. The element of a rebuild in the summer with a new manager is vital, why keep Hughton, buy players then to sack him and have a new manager want new players.

This is a multi-dimensional predicament that needs an expansive and forward thinking approach.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:23 pm --<br /><br />
leighton said:
The timing isnt right at all. Chris sets his team up well and recently at home they have been solid and winning some home games. Away from home to easy to break down and beat but you can say that about the most of the bottom half teams. I would of said yes to sack Hughton if they had a replacement who had management experience so this is weird as its a huge job and this lad will only be a stop gap until the end of the season.
In reality his forwards have let him down. Gary Hooper has scored goals in Scotland and European competitions. I honestly thought that signing alone would of been the 1 to kick them onto a new level but he is so out of form and isnt near the levels of his time at Celtic the biggest flop of the season for me. Same to with the Wolf who a lot of rival fans thought was a extremely good signing for Norwich. Shame neither of these signings have worked out and this cost Hughton his job. I honestly thought they would of went for Defoe but that never happen and I am in shock no English team paid him the money for his services as he is a goalscorer and a good 1 too.

As for Chris I honestly think he is 1 of the good guys. IF Mark Hughes can get another job in the league chances are Chris could well be back. I good coach too. Dont think he will be out of football for long.

There's never a good time to sack a manager whilst a football season is live.

The best time in at the end of a season but by that point it's hard to target players and bring them in as other clubs have already got the plans in action. There is also the important roll of the dice, imagine if they kept Hughton and they got relegated, how is that different to sacking him and getting relegated as the end result is the same. If the board planned to part with Chris then they've done right by doing so now as the new manager can identify areas of weakness and address them. Also a few players could be against Chris, i.e Redmond and Hooper for example, this change could get them playing and help them get over the finish line and stay up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.