Hugo Viana to be new Director of Football (Official Announcement p17)

That's why we bought Phillips, tried to sign Rice & Kane, already had Palmer! Suprissed no bid for Pickford or Pope was made.

So basically 13 pages of speculation & tosh?
All 3 weren't guarantees that they would fully grasp Pep's methods and Palmer to some point failed to nail down a place in the first team although there was an opportunity once Mahrez left but he didn't want to stick around (although Chelsea's offer was too good to turn down), Pickford and Pope aren't better than Ederson.

What's his knitwear selection like, does anyone know? If he doesn't rock up for every new signing photo shoot in a different jumper, I'm not sure I can get on board.

All 3 weren't guarantees that they would fully grasp Pep's methods and Palmer to some point failed to nail down a place in the first team although there was an opportunity once Mahrez left but he didn't want to stick around (although Chelsea's offer was too good to turn down), Pickford and Pope aren't better than Ederson.
Pickford isn't as good as me!

So...im Portuguese, although i dont follow Sporting's day to day stuff, they turned their situation as a spursy - also ran - club around by bringing Ruben Amorim as a coach. After that apparently they poached some scouts from a mid table team that recruits well and found some (semi) hidden gems like gyokeres, hjulmand, diomande and others.

To me, that seems like scouting doing a good job but city's board surely know better and saw something in Viana that they really liked. Now, sporting is a big club but they have to operate in the margins of the market, while we will be expected to sign big name players like wirtz, musiala, rodrygo, etc.. The job is totally different, and he is unproven at that level, so we will see

I know that you will not like to read this but Amorim and Viana have a symbiotic relationship by most accounts and yeah, it might mean pep either leaves this or next season. I hope im wrong but...

Last edited:
I have a question.... I know in other industries this happens but with director of football is the 6 month crossover common? I wonder if this could be the new plan to prevent a situation like united had. i.e. when pep is leaving us he takes on e.g. gundo or kompany as apprentice for a year or so? Smooth as fuck transitions for new eras.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.