Hugo Viana to be new Director of Football (Official Announcement p17)

I remember when he played for Newcastle.
Pretty sure that not only did he play in that famous Wanchope 1-0 game in 2004, but that he was also the last player to touch the ball in the match.

Here he is about to loft the ball into the box. Referee blows up as soon as he kicks it.

1000026461.png

Last edited:
The usual slick operation

And as for all the twitter bellends shouting that Txiki is deserting the sinking ship... its actually the opposite

If we were worried about being severely punished, Txiki, same as Pep, would be standing by the club... and there's not a chance we would have been able to headhunt a top candidate from a big successful european club

The usual slick operation

And as for all the twitter bellends shouting that Txiki is deserting the sinking ship... its actually the opposite

If we were worried about being severely punished, Txiki, same as Pep, would be standing by the club... and there's not a chance we would have been able to headhunt a top candidate from a big successful european club
If it was the Rags we’d be getting briefings about them interviewing the “best in class” for the next 10 months.

Expected nothing less than a well thought out and smooth transition.

Still gutted Txiki is leaving, we had a really poor window last summer but overall his hit rate is second to none during his time here, he's been a massive part of our continued success and in my eyes txiki will almost be as hard to replace as Pep will be.

Viana has a tough job ahead of him. Doesn't have the track record and experience behind him you'd perhaps expect but they've obviously seen enough from him to put their trust in him so that's good enough for me.

Now for them to work together and go and get a few superstars lined up for next summer as a joint goodbye/welcome. Musiala would be a phenomenal way to get the new era underway. Hint, hint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.