Hull City vs Manchester City | 6th |Official Matchday Thread

I mentioned this last week when the transfer window was closing. With our central midfield options of De Jong, Ireland, Barry, Michael Johnson, Kompany, Zabaleta, the last position I thought we'd need to worry about this season was this position, but obviously Mancini saw it differently.

I like most was concentrating on both full-back positions and possibly another creative midfielder, but Mancini's pursuit of central midfielders made me think 'What was he seeing that the mojority of us wern't' and that's when it all made sense. In the majority of the matches that we were beaten or drew and even some of them that we won, we were bullied and out-fought in the midfield and didn't have any energetic, pacey, box to box options to call on to do anything about it!!!

This is why Mancini was looking at Flamini, Vieira, Gago, Mariga etc. We don't have a Gerrard, an Alonso, a Lampard, a Scholes, a Fabregas and dare I say it, a Fletcher in there where it really matters.

Looking at today's match & thinking back accross the season so far, it all seems so obvious now doesn't it......................

Dribble said:
I mentioned this last week when the transfer window was closing. With our central midfield options of De Jong, Ireland, Barry, Michael Johnson, Kompany, Zabaleta, the last position I thought we'd need to worry about this season was this position, but obviously Mancini saw it differently.

I like most was concentrating on both full-back positions and possibly another creative midfielder, but Mancini's pursuit of central midfielders made me think 'What was he seeing that the mojority of us wern't' and that's when it all made sense. In the majority of the matches that we were beaten or drew and even some of them that we won, we were bullied and out-fought in the midfield and didn't have any energetic, pacey, box to box options to call on to do anything about it!!!

This is why Mancini was looking at Flamini, Vieira, Gago, Mariga etc. We don't have a Gerrard, an Alonso, a Lampard, a Scholes, a Fabregas and dare I say it, a Fletcher in there where it really matters.

Looking at today's match & thinking back accross the season so far, it all seems so obvious now doesn't it......................

exactly mate. We have De Jong who can win tacles all day but offers very little going forward, Ireland who is comfortable going forward and has a good eye for a pass, Barry who is a very composed player who will look to control the game from deep, but we have not got anyone who can do all f these things (unless vieira can still do it). In my opinion we need to play with 2 wide players, otherwise we're playing too much football through our midfield and we're not good enough or strong enough at the moment to win the key battles in that area.
Playing with Bellamy on the left and either shauny or Johnson on the right (or johnson on the left when bellars needs a rest) with De Jong and either Vieira or Ireland in the middle would give us so much more going forward, and all of those players can do some sort of job defensively too.

We seem very predictable at the moment, as only playing one wide player makes us easy to mark and for me gives us a disadvantage with the lack of balance in the team. The bottom line is Barry needs to be rested for a long time, he really looks jaded, and i fear he'll get a very serious injury soon if he keeps playing, and we'll continue to be over run in the middle of the park.

GaudinoMotors said:
NiceN Sleazy said:
Refusing to read anymore, will have to drown my sorrows, yet again!!

On the positive side, WE WILL get better, I just know it :-)

Don't leave us like that !! Tell us WHEN ?

Sir, it will happen, however I am not privy as to when, but only a fool could not see that we will be on the rise and very soon.
P.S.
Off for a game of war on JO ICE.

Newlunar said:
Tried to watch the game on the stream. Thanks for that whoever put the link on. How many times did we get involved in punting the ball twenty foot in the air and then when it came down we were outmuscled by a Hull player. FAR FAR too often.

Very poor show that blues. No over reactions though at this stage but we all have a right to expect a big reaction from the players next game against Bolton.

Certain players are bottling it and we'll slip right out of this race for 4th place if they don't get themselves out of this rut and quick.

Rest Boyata he's not ready, get Nedum back in. Start playing players in their best positions and lets start taking the game to the opposition especially the likes of Hull.

bang on the money!

GaudinoMotors said:
How's life on the "Ireland"

Using the weather as an analogy,as it's in context to the very clever question!

Not too good - frequent showers,occasional downpours but praying for sunshine!

FantasyIreland said:
GaudinoMotors said:
How's life on the "Ireland"

Using the weather as an analogy,as it's in context to the very clever question!

Not too good - frequent showers,occasional downpours but praying for sunshine!

I've been his biggest fan. honestly, but he is not going forward enough any more and threatening defenders. It feels like a confidence thing.

gutting- why we approach these lower table teams with such a negativity ill never understand. we need to come out attacking from the outset and get them on the back foot for a change.hope we have some new ideas for bolton!

adebayor is far to lazy, (but i do like him, and he's good in the box), and should have moved bellers upfront and took ade off, and a plus, viera looks like he can still do a job, and johnson looks an excellent buy, we looked so much better when he came on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.