Hull Vs City Post Match Thread

Puteulanus luna said:
Haha you always know how well we've played by the number of pages on the post match thread. If it's over 40 it means it's bad. Below 20 and jobs a good en.

New bluemooners tip.

Sorry to tell you mate but that's common knowledge

Finally watched it today...we were good for the first twenty minutes and then after that we were struggling a bit until i think Navas was introduced and Silva was moved centrally.Overall i think Kompany was our best player yday..Aguero started like a house on fire but after that failed to make much impact.Dzeko even though he scored two v important goals,was a bit sloppy in his overall play..Milner was poor yday..yaya was ok..Mangala apart from those two errors which ultimately proved costly for us,was ok for the rest of the game,not that bad..Clichy got skinned a few times yday,but Silva needs to take some blame for that as he didn't track back much...We won in the end,but last season along with Liverpool we were one of the most exciting teams to watch in the league,we are missing that spark this time around..At times we look so slow and laboured along with being complacent,sloppy and showing no urgency when needed...I don't know what it is that we are lacking this time around,but something is amiss.May be Jovetic and Fernando when they come back can provide that boost for our team.Also Frank Lampard what a handy player he is proving out to be,smart move by City..

Just watched the highlights on the OS and it definitely looks like the Hull player handled the ball before Mangala made contact for the penalty (as a poster mentioned earlier). But there was no way the ref or linesman could have seen that.

andrewmswift said:
Ducado said:
Also well played to our away followers you were in top voice again today

ByjQ_MvIUAAnNFW.jpg

yep they were loud

Its perhaps a pity that our away supporters (typically 2,000 - 3,500 - depending upon allocation) are not all together in the same section of the stadium at the Etihad. That would help deal with issues raised on another thread about improving the Etihad atmosphere, singing sections, moving the away supporters at the Etihad so as not to break up the current most vociferous sections of our home support etc.

Thoughts again turn to having specific sections\stand (particularly at this time when there may be an opportunity to do so with the Stadium Expansion of the South Stand and then eventually the North Stand) to put together people who want to stand and sing for most of the home games, and identify such sections by calling any ticket purchased for such sections a "Kippax" season ticket or a "Kippax" matchday ticket, so people, now what they are getting..

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
haydockboy said:
as much as i like the nickname 'The Mangle'................i cant help but think of Nel Mangle, that old bird who used to be in neighbours many moons ago, i would provide a pic if i knew how to!!!
How the hell do you know her first name? I thought it was just "Mrs Mangle" she had a mid 40's nephew who went on to co present Ch4's big breakfast or whatever it was called. Joe. That was his name, I think?

She was called Nel and her husband who you never saw was called Len.... see what they did there?

Proper clever those Aussie writers.

Noticed quite a few empty seats amongst the Hull fans at the game on Saturday.

Not another club pricing out its core supporters I hope.

Tickets for the City game Hull charged £ 50, yet when Hull play Palace next week tickets £ 16.

I do hope City never use these paper\plastic fans\rattles to generate crowd noise, that I have now seen at certain grounds i.e. used by Norwich last season and Hull this.

City1974 said:

Tickets for the City game Hull charged £ 50, yet when Hull play Palace next week tickets £ 16.

I do hope City never use these paper\plastic fans\rattles to generate crowd noise, that I have now seen at certain grounds i.e. used by Norwich last season and Hull this.

yes joke £50 for a game when £16 for other teams

sorry we've used them fan things in past :(

dadnlad said:
City1974 said:

yes joke £50 for a game when £16 for other teams

sorry we've used them fan things in past :(

I wonder how many other teams are charging City supporters a 3x increase for the price of a ticket for their grounds ?

Singing ('The Best team in the land and all the world', 'Blue Moon', etc and and old favorite of mine you do not hear these days 'Name_of_Managers' Blue and White Army re- 'Tony Books' Blue and White army' (maybe now 'Pellegrinis' Blue and White Army' or even 'Sheikh Mansours' Blue and White Army', raised scarves and waving flags always better I think than paper\plastic fans to create an atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.