Hull Vs City Post Match Thread

Great result. Great goals, all of them. Great response and determination, the mark of the Champions.

Was flapping due to the frenchies blunders though, especially Clichy. Wish he was a match to Pablo on the left side.

El Kun is almost back to his sublime level. Merlin sometimes has one touch too many. Milner will bury some of those opportunities. Dzecko immense. Yaya sometimes abandoned Fernandinho. Kompany bossed the defence. Caballero (properly pronounced Caba-llie-ro not Cabayerou) safe and good distribution. The Manc Franc ubiquitous and cool finisher. But, Pablo Zabaleta..... he's the fucking man.

Need to start keeping clean sheets, though. Might need the goal difference come May.

The away fans, notoriously heard thru the stream, very loud singing the Zabaleta song.

Well done blues.

The game shows that the players have mental toughness. Cruised to 2-0. Gave away two daft goals. Worked hard to the break and then rolled up their sleeves and got the game under control again.
Pity James left his radar on the team coach - he could have had a bagful with the openings he had.

de niro said:
ManCityX said:
chestervegasblue said:
Not for me. Taylor was the best referee we've had all season. He allowed physicality from both teams (to the extent he didn't give fouls against us when I thought he would let alone yellows) and only carded people when it was absolutely necessary. Regardless of what you think is a yellow card offence, he was balanced and unbiased and tried to let the game flow.

Doesn't change the absolute fact that City players get booked more often than the opposition despite there often being similar offences from both sides.

the fact we knew this before the off is actually criminal.

Proud of the team today. Showed character.

The main problem today, other than Mangler's couple of brain farts was that we didn't know what to expect from the ref.
Sergio and Edin were being clattered all game but Taylor was "letting the game flow" and keeping his cards in his pocket. Last week Dean was booking City players (but not Chavs) for minor offences.
How are the players supposed to play the game when the refs are so inconsistent?
Oh and 50 quid when Stoke only paid 15 or 16 a few weeks ago: Is that their fault for being robbing c*nts or our fault for not doing a reciprocal pricing deal?
PS, Edin was excellent and Zab is a superstar. And that young kid, Frank something should develop into a decent player.

East Level 2 said:
The main problem today, other than Mangler's couple of brain farts was that we didn't know what to expect from the ref.
Sergio and Edin were being clattered all game but Taylor was "letting the game flow" and keeping his cards in his pocket. Last week Dean was booking City players (but not Chavs) for minor offences.
How are the players supposed to play the game when the refs are so inconsistent?
Oh and 50 quid when Stoke only paid 15 or 16 a few weeks ago: Is that their fault for being robbing c*nts or our fault for not doing a reciprocal pricing deal?
PS, Edin was excellent and Zab is a superstar. And that young kid, Frank something should develop into a decent player.
Spot on.

They (Hull) bossed midfield for a while, I thought MP made some great substitutions to address this. We were comfortable at 2-0 couple of defensive errors let them back in-on another day we would have won 4-0.

Onwards and upwards.

as much as i like the nickname 'The Mangle'................i cant help but think of Nel Mangle, that old bird who used to be in neighbours many moons ago, i would provide a pic if i knew how to!!!

haydockboy said:
as much as i like the nickname 'The Mangle'................i cant help but think of Nel Mangle, that old bird who used to be in neighbours many moons ago, i would provide a pic if i knew how to!!!
How the hell do you know her first name? I thought it was just "Mrs Mangle" she had a mid 40's nephew who went on to co present Ch4's big breakfast or whatever it was called. Joe. That was his name, I think?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.