Hungary v England | World Cup Qualifier

Walker and Stones given 6’s by Sky Sports ratings

Good second half, not so good first. This England side are very good but they have the same problem that has been there since the WC semifinal in Russia. They don’t have enough technical ability in the middle and it costs us against the better teams. I did wonder if Southgate might change his way of playing but he seems to be sticking to his guns. I suppose the result vindicates him.

Good second half, not so good first. This England side are very good but they have the same problem that has been there since the WC semifinal in Russia. They don’t have enough technical ability in the middle and it costs us against the better teams. I did wonder if Southgate might change his way of playing but he seems to be sticking to his guns. I suppose the result vindicates him.
Winning 4 nowt there is an achievement. I think Southgate does well overall.

His results do vindicate it if you are happy to be seen as competing.

The keeper saved at least 3 one on ones, but let a few in under his body. All said and done, he saved 3 dead certs and let in 2 I could have saved, so he came out ahead by 1! ;-)
Haha, that's good positivity.

I just don't think we should get carried away as England fans(I'm sure most wont). The finishing needs to be better.

I think the Maguire, Rice and possibly the Kane goals might have been saved by a better keeper because he got a hand to all of them and didn't have to move much to do it. As for the the 3 dead certs? I assume you mean the Kane ones that were hit right at him. Good positioning but standard saves after that point because they were poor finishes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.