Hurricane Milton

Massive tornado going up I95 towards Fort Pierce. Watching it live on this YouTube channel

There were watches everywhere and it seems for good reason now, as I have read Tornados are touching down in many different areas.

And the hurricane hasn’t actually made landfall, when the storm surge and wind will hit in earnest.

Absolutely brutal for people there.

There were watches everywhere and it seems for good reason now, as I have read Tornados are touching down in many different areas.

And the hurricane hasn’t actually made landfall, when the storm surge and wind will hit in earnest.

Absolutely brutal for people there.
6 tornados confirmed on the west coast of Florida now

So it’s gone from a 5 to a 4 to a 3 in one day. Is this any worse than previous hurricanes?

You would think it was hitting Britain the amount of news coverage this has had.
It went from a 1 to 5 in 12 hours.

Whilst the winds have gone down, it is still a strong Cat 3 (meaning just off Cat 4) and has expanded massively.

It’s currently setting down multiple massive tornadoes along the cost, and will likely do the same further inland as the storm hits in a few hours.

It is also hitting right about the time of high tide, which will make the storm surge that much worse.

Still winds of over 100 miles an hour. Plus storm surges.
I get why it would be really big news in the UK if it was hitting Cornwall. It’s not like they haven’t had strong hurricanes before. They had one 2 weeks ago. They had similar in China the other week as someone I knows was there, and it didn’t get a mention.

I get why it would be really big news in the UK if it was hitting Cornwall. It’s not like they haven’t had strong hurricanes before. They had one 2 weeks ago. They had similar in China the other week as someone I knows was there, and it didn’t get a mention.
Oh, fair enough, I misread your post. I thought you were trying to downplay the severity of the storm, rather than comment on why it was getting so much coverage in the UK.

It is a very big deal, especially as it is hitting Tampa, which is one of the most vulnerable populations centres in the US due to the low elevation of most of the land that has been developed for the area, and the geographic characteristics of the Bay. The city has been riding its luck for over a 100 years without a direct hit from a hurricane and many articles have been written (I read one a few years ago) about how bad it would be if that luck ran out, especially with a major hurricane like Milton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.