Hurricane Milton

Storm Katrina was a similar level (high 3) when it made land in Louisiana. It still could be a catastrophic event.
Fair enough. Just seems to
Me like the news likes a good hurricane story where their correspondent always ignores the warnings.

Oh, fair enough, I misread your post. I thought you were trying to downplay the severity of the storm, rather than comment on why it was getting so much coverage in the UK.

It is a very big deal, especially as it is hitting Tampa, which is one of the most vulnerable populations centres in the US due to the low elevation of most of the land that has been developed for the area, and the geographic characteristics of the Bay. The city has been riding its luck for over a 100 years without a direct hit from a hurricane and many articles have been written (I read one a few years ago) about how bad it would be if that luck ran out, especially with a major hurricane like Milton.
Right that makes it more understandable.

Hopefully people will have taken heed of the warnings then!

Size of this tornado over Fort Pierce is unbelievable. Reports coming in there's major damage over that area. Also there's another tornado heading towards Cape Canaveral
7065e1b83ff2fb1d2457f478bc2dd444.jpg

We ran for it early hours yesterday morning. Came to South Carolina and we'll try and get back Friday (Tampa area) if we are allowed.

This fucker is going to change the landscape south of where I live, so much is low lying. Crazy stuff.

@Mad Eyed Screamer - what did you end up doing blue?
MES is in the Green Mountains of the Northeast.

Only his trailer stayed behind to face the torrent alone, like a newly minted American structure should.

epic-flag.gif

Size of this tornado over Fort Pierce is unbelievable. Reports coming in there's major damage over that area. Also there's another tornado heading towards Cape Canaveral
7065e1b83ff2fb1d2457f478bc2dd444.jpg
Someone I know down there via his satellite phone said that it was like what you have seen in a disaster movie like Geostorm but real, tornadoes popping up everywhere in areas that were not evacuated, and the storm hasn’t even actually hit.

MES is in the Green Mountains of the Northeast.

Only his trailer stayed behind to face the torrent alone, like a newly minted American structure should.

epic-flag.gif
Seeing that made me think of one of those bombastic country and western songs saying how great 'Murica is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.