Hurricane Milton

TikTok star Joe Malinowski, better known as Lieutenant Dan, appears to have survived the worst of the storm.

He has attracted viral fame for his continued defiance of orders from officials to evacuate, insisting he would be staying on his 20ft boat in Tampa Bay despite the devastating incoming hurricane.

++

He'll be on tv shows and could get a social media deal etc, millionaire for life if he chooses.
Im glad he survived but he shouldnt get rewarded for being a fucking moron and putting other people at risk.

@bluethrunthru mentioned authorities “crying wolf”, presumably regarding warnings of possible danger from the hurricane and forcing evacuations, to which you seemed to indicate you agreed. And some of your other posts gave the impression that you thought the build up to the storm was overblown (pardon the pun), so that is why I and others thought you were speaking about this storm specifically.

And my thought was “it was 6 years go” because the channels have been called out quite often since and have become less likely to brazenly do it now, which is why using a 6 year old video is a dubious method of making a point about sensationalism now.
Ah ok, my comments were around journalists reporting only I did not mean to underplay what authorities say-I would always take authorit instructions at face value without question and would advise others to do the same. Sorry if my understanding of somebody else's post has lead you to believe anything to the contrary.
I honestly though the only people accused of "crying wolf" were the media.

Ah ok, my comments were around journalists reporting only I did not mean to underplay what authorities say-I would also take authority instructions at face value without question and would advise others to do the same. Sorry if my understanding of somebody else's post has lead you to believe anything to the contrary.
No worries, mate.

I just take this sort of thing quite seriously, because I know people who have had their lives destroyed in storms like these, in the UK, US, and Germany, including someone in North Carolina (who has lost everything in Helene).

And a lot of the opposition and distrust in guidance (or even lawful orders) from authorities in these cases, which is unfortunately rampant in the US, and has become more prevalent in the UK and elsewhere, began on online forums like this one. So I just always take any hint of it as dangerous, if that makes sense.

A video from 6 years ago?
Reporter on CNN doing it right now saying that although the storm has passed over Florida conditions are still "very dangerous" on the East coast where there are still "very high" winds, hurricane tracking shows the highest winds currently on the East coast are 25mph we had winds of 45mph in England just last week!

Reporter on CNN doing it right now saying that although the storm has passed over Florida conditions are still "very dangerous" on the East coast where there are still "very high" winds, hurricane tracking shows the highest winds currently on the East coast are 25mph we had winds of 45mph in England just last week!
Can’t speak to that coverage, which could well be exaggerated, but Orlando is still seeing upwards of 60 mph gusts (which can take down trees, as the storm that came through where I am and sent a tree in to my house last year illustrates) and authorities on both coasts of Florida are currently warning evacuees not to return to their homes as the danger is not over due to high tide coming in as the bays, inlets, and rivers are already high from the immense amount of rain that Milton brought (St. Petersburg got over 16 inches, which is rated as a 1000 year event for the area) and there are downed power lines, trees, and loose debris everywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.