Hurricane Milton

BBC News - BBC Weather fault forecasts hurricanes across world

I see the beeb have come out in sympathy. This may result in UK homes blowing down, in much the same way as reporting American police killing a black man in America resulted in statues in Bristol getting damaged and people protesting against the met.

3 million without power
countless houses and buildings destroyed
9 dead and rising. would be hundreds if it wasn't for the 'hype'

The 9 dead, 8 were from 1 tornado on the other side of Florida, not being affected by the hurricane directly at the time.

My point this was dubbed “storm of the century”. In reality the hurricane 2 weeks ago caused far more casualties and damage.

All the weather models predicted the wind sheer would start to destroy the core of Milton as it approached the western coastline of Florida, but at that point the media hype and mass evacuations couldnt be undone so to save face they ran with the storm.

The 9 dead, 8 were from 1 tornado on the other side of Florida, not being affected by the hurricane directly at the time.

My point this was dubbed “storm of the century”. In reality the hurricane 2 weeks ago caused far more casualties and damage.

All the weather models predicted the wind sheer would start to destroy the core of Milton as it approached the western coastline of Florida, but at that point the media hype and mass evacuations couldnt be undone so to save face they ran with the storm.
You should apply for a job at the National Hurricane Center. You could tell them all what to and what not to do.

Cooper probably decided to do it himself. He's ex CIA so standing in a hurricane is probably a piece of piss to him.
I like him a lot but sending him out in a storm is surely beneath him giving he is one of if not their main man , maybe he felt like getting out of the studio , lol. He should be covering the two wars , or has he done that as well ?

Wonder what would have happened if MILLIONS OF OLD AGED PENSIONERS had stayed in their homes? One trip and you’re drowning! One downed power line and you electrocute yourself…or even flicking a switch in your home!

We thank goodness that the storm surges were not as bad as expected in many places, but they were worse in some places as the storm shifted slightly south.

I’m not sure what you have to gain, or whom exactly you’re mad at, because the forecasters gave the best possible, conservative information they could based on it developing into a Cat 5 over the hot Gulf and hitting places already devastated by Helene a few weeks ago.

As for 103kt winds, I saw reports much higher than that, but wind reports can vary by even a few hundred meters, so they’re only of any use with a large dot plot.

If the “hype” saves a few lives, great! But, in the days ahead, we are going to see example after example of people who have lost everything, including loved ones, and for them there will be no such thing as “hype.”

Next time, you should come on down to sunny FL and scream into the abyss about the hype and see and feel it for yourself.

Last edited:
I like him a lot but sending him out in a storm is surely beneath him giving he is one of if not their main man , maybe he felt like getting out of the studio , lol. He should be covering the two wars , or has he done that as well ?
He's a bit of action man.

I recall him being in Tel Aviv and Kabul a few years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.