I’m off to Currys

Had nothing but problems with online shopping, waited 3 weeks for an Xbox series X from Very the twats sent me an S! Now got to send back and wait for refund as they had no more stock, low and behold two days later they did. Don’t get me started on DFS, all these companies blaming Covid for their shortcomings I hope they go bust and we go back to local shops for local people.

After over a month of shit with them I’m taking a flask and butties down to Curry’s and refuse to leave until I get my money back. Had a fridge delivered at start of November, it was the wrong one, didn’t take delivery. Phoned up to re order, we had to wait 24 hours to let the other one get to warehouse, did this ordered a new one, said it would be 10-21 days on back order. Two days later it appeared on the web for delivery Wednesday, phoned up, our order had been cancelled! So we said order us one now then, can’t do that until we refund your e-gift card! Do it then quick, that was 20 days ago.
they said 5 days for a refund, then 8, then 14, we then contacted them, they said there’d been an error and it would be a further 14 days! For a month weve phoned, emailed and yesterday the last straw I went to the store once they’d opened, the poor girl behind the corner got both barrels. She then got on the phone and they said it would be refunded in two hours, guess what it didnt fucking happen. So today I’m off to spend my day off to get my £759 back, unfortunately it’s on a gift card otherwise I would never shop there again.
I think Currys are going bust, so if any of you have any gift cards go in store and spend them now, just search the internet to see how they are keeping people’s money, I’ve hammered them on social media, tagging Watchdog, Martin lewis etc in, they contact you like last night saying gift card would be refunded by 11pm. I’m not surprised Amazon are so big, when you order something it comes and they refund no questions, these British companies are going under because they are shit.

I have read so much bad feedback about Currys. It has put me off ever buying from them.

Our default is AO. Great to deal, staff are friendly if you contact them with a query, deliveries are swift and the prices are often very competitive too.

Boots Appliances are good too.

Bought a monitor off them last time I was at my parents so I could use a second screen when remote working from there. They had quite sneakily hidden the cheapest screens off to the side when there was space on the shelf and seemed aggrieved when I asked about their availability.

Not as bad as some of the stories on here but I am happy to stick the boot in and I am definitely saying Boo and not Boo-urns.

Can we have regular bulletins and photos so we can track your progress

Good luck mate.
This is something i would do myself.
These companies are making people have to do extreme things. Timely refunds is the biggest problem in British retail.

It's wrong that funds disappear instantly on purchases but can take up to 14 days to get back (or longer!). People buying on credit cards are less bothered, but people paying with debit cards and vouchers are not so lucky.

I've been there where retailers have taken my money only to find they didn't actually have stock.
In this instance it was a very expensive TV. I soon ran out of funds to buy a replacement elsewhere. I ended up waiting ages for refunds as i had no money and no TV.

Was in yesterday on Ashton Snipe. small queue outside and enough things out of stock to believe the click and collect market will see them ok.

I won't be popular with all you savvy tech whizz kids, but I get all my electrical goods, (not computers) from a local dealer, pay more , and get a 'kin good service, when things go wrong they are at my door because they have appreciated the custom, then I go back and give them more custom cos I've had good service

Just sayin'
Me too. My local guy has, over the years, supplied me with larder fridge, small fridge, dishwasher, freezer, hob and oven. I look at his web site to pick likely models, phone him up, he gives me info and guidance, I pick, he comes pronto, installs, takes away old models. He will come and look at your kitchen etc before recommending, if necessary. Never had the slightest problem.
Not as cheap as, say, Currys but so reliable, treats me like a valued customer.

live feed it on bookface (whatever the fuck live feed means, but I sounded like I knew what I was on about didn't I?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.