I’m off to Currys

I worked at currys a decade ago, 20-30 hours per week while training for another job. I was surprised as hell to learn they lost money 11 months of the year and only clawed everything back in December (Broadheath branch). Their parent company DSG was struggling back then so god knows what state they are in now. I think comet going under first gave them some breathing room but AO and the continued rise of Amazon etc has really buggered them up 10 years ago.

I hated getting targeted on selling the mostly useless extra warranty shit and pushing HDMI cables worth £3 for £50, proper shitty.

From the stories, things started going downhill when they changed and cut the bonuses of the sales staff, who would look after their customers and be rewarded appropriately, many replaced with less trained and lower paid replacements.

Last edited:
I'll never buy from Curry's again.

My last experience of trying to contact them meant me waiting on hold for several hours at a time only for them to cut me off for no reason. At this point they had turned off their online chat and their stores were closed which was very stressful!
A monolithic dinosaur of preposterous proportions who's right arm clearly does not know what it's left arm is doing.
A behemoth of foul play, misadventure and cock-womblery and if ever a conglomerate deserved it's fall from grace then the scurrilous dogs and charlatans at DSG Retail are IT.

Fight them all the way Mr Maverick because I will tell you for free that you will have to take a litigatious stand because that's the only language they understand sir ..they don't like it up em!

I worked at currys a decade ago, 20-30 hours per week while training for another job. I was surprised as hell to learn they lost money 11 months of the year and only clawed everything back in December (Broadhearh branch). Their parent company DSG was struggling back then so god knows what state they are in now. I think comet going under first gave them some breathing room but AO and the continued rise of Amazon etc has really buggered them up 10 years ago.

I hated getting targeted on selling the mostly useless extra warranty shit and pushing HDMI cables worth £3 for £50, proper shitty.
Carphone was making big losses but the business was doing ok before COVID I believe. Having worked with their IT (yeah it's as bad as people have said) I think their organisation is just too big. So many departments - blew my mind when I see how many different functions exist. Some offshore IT doesn't help. My own experience as a customer is pretty flawless but they do have to adapt. There will always be a customer that gets unlucky like the OP but think in general they are ok.

Write to the ceo alexander Baldcock or his batman lacky helper Colin Womble
1 Portal Way, London, W3 6RS
Tel 0208 896 5000
Head nonchos email is alexander.baldcock@dixonscarphone.com

Tell the manager you are currently in dialogue with Alexander and Mr Womble, that should make his sphincter quiver thrice to the octave. And lots of placards outside their gaff that state your disdain for the shambolic treatment they have metered out to you and your good lady wife. No surrender mate!

Last edited:
Slightly off subject but my daughter rang me earlier upset about a dispute with the owner of a carpet shop. Two months ago she agreed to have her house carpeted and laminated throughout with LVT in downstairs loo and upstairs bathroom. Fitters turned up and did a decent enough job but the laminate beading was too dark to match the floor, and also the LVT was out of stock. She told the manager who basically palmed her off with bullshit. She wasn't happy being messed about having to take a day off work when the fitters failed to turn up.
She rang and texted him several times without reply, and when she finally spoke to him he gave more excuses and bullshit as to why the job is still incomplete. She rang me for advice and I advised her to withhold £350 till the job was done and pay remainder when she is happy with the job upon completion.

She's only in her early 20s and not experienced in dealing in business and the carpet guy took the piss out of her far too long IMO. She rang me today all upset saying the carpet blagger was demanding the amount in full, yet the she isn't satisfied because 2 months on the job isn't finished. Asked her for his number and he was nice as pie to me. I told her that she felt threatened by him demanding the money in full and overall attitude.

He tried explaining but after 2 months he shouldn't need to explain anything. The LVT has since been fitted and the quality of materials and fitting is satisfactory. But the beading is still not finished. He gave me some shite about buying the beading and being stuck with it, he has a carpet shop FFS, someone will want it!

Rang up the shop I have used recently and they did the job on time at a good price. They quoted £30 for beading and 50-£60 to fit. Carpet blagger couldn't be arsed returning my call and text me saying the £90 I thought was fair to take off the price was not acceptable. He won't have a choice if he carries on because if he doesn't ring me this evening, (as promised) I'll be round his shop tomorrow handing him.the money minus £90. The choice is his. But one thing is in this day and age is negative feedback on Google and Facebook. And any sole trader doesn't want bad feedback. He can be reasonable and amicable about settling a situation 2 months on or he can argue he wants more than £90 I'm taking off the price for someone else to finish the job off. That's If I have to go in his shop to resolve this. The choice is his.

Last edited:
Please tell me they're their real names ?
Yes they are mate. Colin Womble is Alexandres batman and it will probably be him who alex assignes to Mr Mavericks complaint letter. If you even think about getting DSG proper mad then they will use Hardeep Rauli their legal advocate to cut cobble and paste together big words and sentences, designed to harry harras and intimidate their unfortunate customer base, but it never worked as I am also proficient in litigous English and fluent in utter bollocks learnt during my long tenure in the taxi trade .

Yes they are mate. Colin Womble is Alexandres batman and it will probably be him who alex assignes to Mr Mavericks complaint letter. If you even think about getting DSG proper mad then they will use Hardeep Rauli their legal advocate to cut cobble and paste together big words and sentences, designed to harry harras and intimidate their unfortunate customer base, but it never worked as I am also proficient in litigous English and fluent in utter bollocks learnt during my long tenure in the taxi trade .
Cock wombles all round in charge then :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.