I am fed up of these Bluenoses clogging up this board

Blue Smarties said:
Evertonian3 said:
Does it?

You'll still be only able to sign the players below the top level.

Why would messi, ferdinand, rooney, ribery, ronaldo, villa, torres etc sign for a team that just scrapes into the top 4 when they could sign for a club that is challenging for league titles and the champions league.

You also have an old squad that will need replacing in a 4-5 years anyway, so there will be no stability.

Bellamy is 31 this year, Barry is 29, Given is 35 in a month's time, Swp is 28, Toure is 29, even Lescott is no spring chicken at 27 and looks like he's become a crock, Viera 35.

Other players you have are just simply not good enough for team with designs on winning the league (kompany, de jong, garrido, zabaleta, santa cruz etc.

Tevez is the only player who's both good enough and young enough to still be there if you can buy a decent team in the next 5 years or so.

Roman's already getting bored at Chelsea how long before the Arab gets bored........?
Why wont we be able to sign Torres or Villa? How are Liverpool doing?

Our transfer policy is to now target the top European young talent (Adam Johnson).

Not good enough? Kompany and De Jong? Having a laugh?

As for the last question, I've just spat my brew out laughing.

Whe Torres signed for Liverpool they had finished top 4 for the last -
i don;t even know but would guess about - ten years, they had also won the CL two years earlier.

If they sell him he'll go to Chelsea or Barca....not City.

Kompany and De Jong ARE good enough? then why are you 15 points behind the big 3?

You think this arab is spending all his blood money because of a deep love for City?

That's sweet. Utterly deluded but very, very cute.

ADam Johnson was a good buy though, forgot about him.

and yes that's what you need to do....but like I say, in 4-5 years time half of your first xi will need replacing.

Like every other club in the league looking to compete at the highest level

Look at the Chelsea or rag squads from 4-5 years ago.

We'll have to make changes no doubt. That's OK, we're fortunate to have the resources to do that and improve the squad further.

FWIW, two games in hand on the top team. Win both of those and 9 points out doesn't seem all that bad at an early stage in our development does it.

That's a fairly big 'if' tbh.

And nine points represents turning 3 losses into three wins. Which isn't exactly easy.

Evertonian3 said:
RBmk2 said:
If we can get top four this season the whole game changes.

You also have an old squad that will need replacing in a 4-5 years anyway, so there will be no stability.

Bellamy is 31 this year, Barry is 29, Given is 35 in a month's time, Swp is 28, Toure is 29, even Lescott is no spring chicken at 27 and looks like he's become a crock, Viera 35.

Given is 33, Vieira is 33.

Our squad is on average 0.8 years older than yours, considering Sylvinho (35), Vieira (33) and Petrov (31) are all out of contract in the Summer, and Given is a keeper so at his peak, with 5 good years left, you're wrong.

Replacement will be gradual, based on quality, age is not a problem for us.

Roman's already getting bored at Chelsea how long before the Arab gets bored........?
lol that's all you have to cling onto isn't it?

He's going nowhere , a bit like Everton (the 'white' peoples club)

Seems to forget we have joe hart out on loan as well, i would have thought he would have remembered as he was between the sticks when brum knocked them out of the f.a cup at goodison

pee dubya said:
Evertonian3 said:

Given is 33, Vieira is 33.

Our squad is on average 0.8 years older than yours, considering Sylvinho (35), Vieira (33) and Petrov (31) are all out of contract in the Summer, and Given is a keeper so at his peak, with 5 good years left, you're wrong.

Replacement will be gradual, based on quality, age is not a problem for us.

Age is a massive problem for you. Even Chelsea are struggling to get the players to replace their ageing players.

I can't see Ribery, Aguerro, Villa, Fabregas, Ronaldo or Rooney etc signing for City.

You'll be stuck with the Bellamys and Bridges for a good few years yet.

Evertonian3 said:
That's a fairly big 'if' tbh.

And nine points represents turning 3 losses into three wins. Which isn't exactly easy.

I don't think anyone is expecting us to win the league just yet, it seems to only be you that's bothered if we don't.

Win tonight and we'll be closer to the top teams than the mid table battlers and that's fine by me.

Have they not paid their hosting fees on their own websites?

This place is riddled with jealous scrotes.

Evertonian3 said:
Blue Smarties said:
Why wont we be able to sign Torres or Villa? How are Liverpool doing?

Our transfer policy is to now target the top European young talent (Adam Johnson).

Not good enough? Kompany and De Jong? Having a laugh?

As for the last question, I've just spat my brew out laughing.

Whe Torres signed for Liverpool they had finished top 4 for the last -
i don;t even know but would guess about - ten years, they had also won the CL two years earlier.

If they sell him he'll go to Chelsea or Barca....not City.

Kompany and De Jong ARE good enough? then why are you 15 points behind the big 3?

You think this arab is spending all his blood money because of a deep love for City?

That's sweet. Utterly deluded but very, very cute.

ADam Johnson was a good buy though, forgot about him.

and yes that's what you need to do....but like I say, in 4-5 years time half of your first xi will need replacing.

I agree with you. In 4/5 years half of our team will need replacing.

Shit! If only we had some money in which to do that....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.