I am never!

yaba daba BLUUUUUE said:
The 12th Man said:
I always thought that chant was disgusting and would never join in with it, it's a shame the Carlos Tevez is a Blue chant finishes in that way, that needs to be sorted out as a lot of fellow Blues tend to not finish that chant off, it usually starts off strong and trails a bit at that point.
I just put United in the place of the word munich's.

The fact that United, and United fans are hypocrites about this issue, does not in any way make the people who sing munich's look any less disgusting.

-- Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:21 pm --

citykev28 said:
wembley was interesting on the subject of munich. outside the flag in watford, there were a few rags knocking about but mostly blues. there was a moody looking bunch of them stood supping against the pub wall (outside). after a bit, the city fans started singing a good few songs, then it got to "my father said to me one day...." you could see some trying to quickly scan the song whilst singing it in case munich was referenced in there. the simple solution to this is not to sing munich related songs at all if you're insecure about singing it in front of rags.

the couple of blues in the bottom tier behind the goal who pointed at the plane that flew over wembley in the first half, while shouting "wahey, you munich bastards" just looked like yokels who have no idea about how to behave in public.

i'm not trying to take the moral highground because i was a twat for it in my youth for singing these songs, but i learned that it's wrong to do it. we should try to eradicate the word from all songs and move on from it.
I'm don't know whether I'm looking back through rose coloured glasses, but I honestly don't remember us going on about Munich as much in the 1970s, as we seem to today.
I think there is a lot of the young ones singing it(as well as the old school),to be honest i think there seems to be more singing it now than in years gone by southstand is rife with it & singing section and you can hear murmurs of it all round the ground dont think it will ever drift away...for the record i dont its vile!

Seems like my post upset a few of the Internet do gooders on here.
I refer to the scum as rags and I don't personally sing any off the Munich songs but hey Jay and co I know how you enjoy the moral high ground.

Your opinion to me is on the same level as Alex Ferguson opinion, so jog on and find something useful to do in your life other than a bluemoon moral crusade, I don't speak for the majority and neither do you.

Well. One defeat against City and they stoop to a new low.

Today's MEN.

Ricky Hatton: United taunts about Munich in my name on Facebook are sick

Ricky Hatton has revealed how bogus Facebook pages were set up in his name – and used to make sick taunts about the Munich air disaster.
The former world boxing champion fears people will think the comments have been made by him and he could face being attacked in the street.
Hatton, who has never used Facebook, said a relative alerted him to the messages, which mocked United fans about the 1958 Munich air crash that killed eight Reds stars.
His legal team is trying to get all unofficial Hatton pages removed from Facebook – but the incident has left the 32-year-old shaken.
Hatton, who is an avid City fan, said: "The last thing I want when I’m going into Manchester – a town I love – is to be looking over my shoulder, worried that someone thinks I’ve said these things.
"This rubbish that has been printed makes me feel sick to my stomach."
Hatton, known as the Hyde Hitman, built up an enormous fan following during a glorious career.
His army of supporters followed him to Las Vegas for clashes with Floyd Mayweather Jr and Manny Pacquiao – and more than 50,000 filled the City of Manchester Stadium for his homecoming fight with Juan Lazcano in 2008.
Despite being a high-profile City fan, his public appeal always transcended football rivalries.
But the sick taunts emerged just days after the all-Manchester FA Cup semi final.
Hatton said: "I’ve never used Facebook in my life. The comments being made by bogus Ricky Hattons have nothing to do with me or anybody associated with me.
"I’ve always been proud of coming from Manchester and been proud of having fans from both City and United.
"My brother, Matthew, is a United fan and Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand are both friends of mine. Wayne even carried my belt into the ring when I fought Jose Luis Castillo in Las Vegas.
"Everybody knows I am City fan and I’ve always had banter with United fans. But that is all it has ever been.
"I would never ever make nasty comments about their players or the club’s long history in private or public. I can assure all Manchester United fans that I have nothing but respect for the club’s achievements – although I do look forward to the day City pip them to the Premier League title."

And then you get this comment from a Rag.

The truth hurts MUFC Manc now in OZ (25/04/2011 at 12:37)
Like (1)
Firstly i would like to thank the genuine city fans for what they have written. But i fear more sing these sick Munich songs than let on, especially after seeing city fans at Wembley singing

"we'll have a party when Fergie dies"

I suspect more trouble on the way when we meet city, when united fans are confronted with such sick chants like that above those unable to control there anger will kick off.

Its simple stop goading united fans with these sick chants and united fans will be less inlcined to go around laying into city fans.

just sick!

SuperKevinHorlock said:
I refer to the scum as rags and I don't personally sing any off the Munich songs but hey Jay and co I know how you enjoy the moral high ground.

Your opinion to me is on the same level as Alex Ferguson opinion, so jog on and find something useful to do in your life other than a bluemoon moral crusade, I don't speak for the majority and neither do you.

No moral high ground here, just sick of being tarred with the same brush as idiots.

jay_mcfc said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:

No moral high ground here, just sick of being tarred with the same brush as idiots.

Fair enough I apologise for my rant.

jay_mcfc said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:

Now hang on. I've seen you on here plenty and it's not always others that make you get labelled on here as such.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.