I am never!

nashark said:
BluePurgatory said:
Well I hate and despise United and I dont sing it. Would I want to murder a united fan? No! So I think your argument is a none starter.

Okay then. I should have put it better, and established that, in my view, hatred occurs on many different levels.

Then I'd go on to argue that some City fans hate United so much that they are prepared to expend with any semblance of social integrity in order to release some of that emotion.

I would say that people who chant Munich invest much more emotion in their hatred of United than those who don't chant it. Likewise, anybody who murders a United fan are willing to possibly do away with their freedom to release that emotion, and therefore they hate United more than someone who merely utters "munich bastards" every now and then.

So when the moral crusaders go on about stopping these chants, they'll have to fight some very powerful emotions to get any change. I doubt they'll win. My advice to the moral crusaders: give it a rest; you're boring.

Not half as boring as yet another song being ruined by including munich in the words!

manchester blue said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Whether you sing it or you dont it's definitely not a minority that use it.

The Ryan giggs song was in full flow at wembley, in Mary d's before the game nearly every song has Munich references and people still use the word to describe a united fan.

It's not as widespread as it used to be as the runway song is rarely heard but it's still there

Of course it's a minority. It may not be in your circles but I never heard the Giggs song at Wembley and what percentage of blues go in the shithole that is Mary Ds? 300 out of 46000?

You still sure its just a minority?

beano46 said:
MCFC BOB said:
You shouldn't have been doing anyway. 'Carlos Tevez is a Blue...' is a great song until they mention that he 'hates Munichs'. It's horrible.

I sing he hates Fergie at the end of that chant
I sing 'he hates Pakis', less offensive that way.

(It's a joke people, relax).

Terrible tragedy and all that.......but!

Don't know if anyone missed it, but in the film, just after the crash, there was this scene....

<actual radio recording>

<Kenneth Wolstenholme type voice.....with a backdrop of a 1958 Old Trafford>

"Old Trafford, home of Manchester United, the saddest football club in the world"

Many a true word and all that........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.