I am never!

I have no problem admitting I refer to United fans in general as 'Munichs'.

It's just something which has arisen through my hatred and bitterness. It gets the rise, because it's the only thing we had.

I detest the club with every fibre of my being. Is it clever, no, but it's a reality.

I stopped singing the songs 20 years ago, just because it was uncomfortable to be involved with.

But I'm no hyporcrite. It's ingrained into my general vocab. I can shout at the TV when they are playing and call Rooney a 'Munich Cnut'.

It really doesn't mean anything beyond that, outside of my own privacy and circle.

Is anyone else bored with all this Munich shit? Why would a blue watch that programme last night?

34 years ago when I first started watching and following city it was in full flow. Over the years and especially now we all have to sit down it has diminished and hopefully in the next decade or so will disappear altogether. For me it is all about banter and humour the days of sick humour or whatever you want to call it, hooliganism etc should be consigned to history and left there permanantly. It is time to grow up and become civilised, I am getting long in the tooth and I suppose I see things a lot differently to how I would of viewed things in my youth. I don't think it is funny anymore to mock the dead.

Regular Joe said:
Good thread. Regrettably I can't claim the same moral high ground that most replying have been able to do to that they never have sung about the disaster. When I started going to away games in the 80s I joined in with the full repertoire of Munich songs but some time in the 90s I grew up and became a human being. We need to lose the reference to rags as Munichs once and for all. So much the better if this programme tonight has helped a few people to wake up to that.

Im with you mate, not proud but I have to hold my hands up too....... Bout time we showed some class and stopped...... As other people have said, theres many more things to take the piss out of em over....... This shouldnt be one of them...

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Whether you sing it or you dont it's definitely not a minority that use it.

The Ryan giggs song was in full flow at wembley, in Mary d's before the game nearly every song has Munich references and people still use the word to describe a united fan.

It's not as widespread as it used to be as the runway song is rarely heard but it's still there

Of course it's a minority. It may not be in your circles but I never heard the Giggs song at Wembley and what percentage of blues go in the shithole that is Mary Ds? 300 out of 46000?

manchester blue said:

The Ryan giggs song was in full flow at wembley, in Mary d's before the game nearly every song has Munich references and people still use the word to describe a united fan.

It's not as widespread as it used to be as the runway song is rarely heard but it's still there

Of course it's a minority. It may not be in your circles but I never heard the Giggs song at Wembley and what percentage of blues go in the shithole that is Mary Ds? 300 out of 46000?

The rags I know constantly reference the "hate man united song" as us singing about munich. Sung every game without fail and at the end of that song thousands chant "munich,munich,munich".

The runway song may well hardly get sung but the above is still chanting about the disaster.

What a load of shite that programme was. Made Busby like some type of god father character. And whats with the guy with the pipe before the game.
Also the Charlton player saying they wont win with kids aka Hanson a few years ago.

manchester blue said:

Well you can't have been outside any of the pubs at wembley then if you didn't hear it or hello hello we are the city boys. It was sung more than a few times outside the greyhound. Go to the fernhurst today. It will be sung there too. How do you know for sure it's not just a minority? This forum represents less than 1% of city fans. Just be quad they are not heard in the ground, they are away from the ground

manchester blue said:

It is certainly not a minority at all amongst people that sing.

Are you going to Blackburn today? The Fenhurst will be in full flow and you'll hear the majority sing the Giggs song, the Tevez one. It's the same at all aways and most pubs before a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.