I am not going to overreact if we don't make fourth...

Good post.

I have just been listening to 5live as well with crappers and motson is saying the same thing he has us to get forth which you can tell crappers isn't happy about.

I'm just hoping if we don't get 4th, this place doesn't go into meltdown, we've had a good season and champions league could soon be with us.

If we don't make it i will be gutted, but not completely disappointed, the good times are coming people.

Freestyler said:
I'm just hoping if we don't get 4th, this place doesn't go into meltdown, we've had a good season and champions league could soon be with us.

If we don't make it i will be gutted, but not completely disappointed, the good times are coming people.

I wouldn't hold your breathe fella if it does happen. But it won't 'cos we will.

Be good to see the thread again that asked posters what they would settle for at the beginning of the season.

Pretty sure I said sixth or above.

anyone thought about the possibility for 3rd yet :P

far fetched i know but theres still a chance of it

This all goes to show how far we have come this season.
I think Pam is right. Losing on Wednesday night will not be a disaster as we all know that with the resources at our disposal, we will get there eventually. It is annoying that the eight drawn games at the end of Hughes tenure is what is making a difference now.

Super City have really put their credentials on the table this season. Semi-final of the Carling Cup. Three games against the scum have gone to injury time before we lost. The double over Chelsea. Four points against the Arse. When was the last time we only lost so few games in a season in the top flight?

I would love for City to win on Wednesday. I know that Spurs is one of our bogey teams. One of my mates is a fan of theirs and he keeps telling me
"Spurs always beat City". I want him to be proved wrong soooo much. I finally want to put the pain of 81 to bed and having to endure that bloody Villa goal. We are due some success and we are now starting to get a whiff of it.
Our home form is in our favour and Spurs are not that great away from home. Their record against the top six is not that good. The stats are in our favour. The boys in blue just have 90 minutes to make our season. Course, we could still shoot ourselves in the foot.

But Pam is right. It is not the end if it does not go our way.....I just hope that we can put our hoodoo to rest now.

Yep, lots of top quality players were happy to join us when our most recent finish was tenth in the league, we had no Europe, and arguably only one internationally recognised world class player.

Now we'd be a team that's finish 5th, has Europa League, two or three world class players and several bracket just belows, players can SEE we have made real progress and the fact of the matter is we've a good shout for the title next season, so one season out of the CL isn't as big a deal as some think.

A lot of great signings; Ozil, De Maria + Luiz (maybe), J.Cole, Subotic, Bonucci, Yaya Toure, Balotelli to name just a few possibles, would arguably come even if we finished 5th, if we want them, in respect of our manager and the progress in the right direction we've clearly made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.