I can still feel the eyes welling up......

sandinista said:
seemedownkippaxstreet said:
sandinista said:
I have watched MOD every day since , every youtube clip I can find , and everything on the official City Site . Never , ever will I forget the sheer joy on Sunday May 13th that I felt . I`m 53 years old and never thought I would see a day like that . I`ve always loved City , but on that day they repaid me in spades ...

There's a film with Jimmy Fallon about the Boston Red Sox that's adapted from Fever Pitch. Not an amazing film, but anyway there's a good line in it when the main character is questioning why he bothers to get so hung up on the team when all they ever do is disappoint him (they hadn't won a world series for decades.) Someone says to him, "You love the Sox, but have they ever loved you back?"

Kind of feels like last week City loved us back.

Just how I feel !

I said something to my daughter along the lines of :

"We support City. United support their fans (i.e. those fans need United to take vicarious self-worth from)"

have been watching the SS commentary from about 90mins at least twice every day and thought I had finally managed to keep the tears back.

however I watched the end of the SS prog from last sunday where they did a summary of the season to a song - that had me welling up again.

watching Kompany score against the rags; then yaya against newcastle and finally....... agueroooooh..........

I honestly can't see a point when i'll stop watching video's from that day. I'll never tire of seeing it over and over again.

"I swear you will never see anything like this ever again"

jtmcfc said:
have been watching the SS commentary from about 90mins at least twice every day and thought I had finally managed to keep the tears back.

however I watched the end of the SS prog from last sunday where they did a summary of the season to a song - that had me welling up again.

watching Kompany score against the rags; then yaya against newcastle and finally....... agueroooooh..........

You only need to write 'agueroooooh' and I can hear it in my head :)

Impeccable One said:
jtmcfc said:

You only need to write 'agueroooooh' and I can hear it in my head :)

Sitting in a pub garden last night with the missus,when
a rag shirt came and sat at the next table i automatically shouted out
..AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOO...then played bluemoon on my phone

the missus was`nt too pleased and the rag moved tables,
they have no sense of humour.....i love it

I swear every time i watch that video i completely loose it again and again and again. The moment at the end of the game with the blond girl singing and crying her eyes out at the same time just tips me over the edge. There are so many special moments in that one little video - it just seems to capture the essence of the experience of those 5 minutes better than anything else i have seen. Magic to say the least.

McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
.... and the goosebumps all over and Ive been watching these clips for over a week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=C9JyCzbBACw&NR=1

Its foooooooooookin magic

Just an idea that I have adopted all you BLUE people: When ever I see a person wearing a CITY top (any type) Whether it be a complete stranger or not I just make a point of catching their attention & shouting CHAMPIONS, CHAMPIONS, CHAMPIONS! Any where in public Give it a go my fellow BLUE buddies! This will never get boring trust me! To get the adrenalin pumping even more just have a quick look around to see people faces, all RAGS stand out a mile & truely are pissed off! ;-)

I to will have tears welling up on Saturday at the Etihad.

Watching my favourite R.L. team win the derby at my favourite Soccer teams ground. I'll spend before the game reminiscing in City's clinching the title amid a fantastic atmosphere and during the game cheering on the mighty HULLKR destroy the scum of R.L. whilst creating our unique atmosphere.

sandinista said:
I have watched MOD every day since , every youtube clip I can find , and everything on the official City Site . Never , ever will I forget the sheer joy on Sunday May 13th that I felt . I`m 53 years old and never thought I would see a day like that . I`ve always loved City , but on that day they repaid me in spades ...
X2

Why Do I Still Get Nervous? said:
McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
.... and the goosebumps all over and Ive been watching these clips for over a week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=C9JyCzbBACw&NR=1

Its foooooooooookin magic

Just an idea that I have adopted all you BLUE people: When ever I see a person wearing a CITY top (any type) Whether it be a complete stranger or not I just make a point of catching their attention & shouting CHAMPIONS, CHAMPIONS, CHAMPIONS! Any where in public Give it a go my fellow BLUE buddies! This will never get boring trust me! To get the adrenalin pumping even more just have a quick look around to see people faces, all RAGS stand out a mile & truely are pissed off! ;-)

Oh I don't know, that sounds too crazy for me heehee

'Blue people'? You sound like you're talking to an Eiffel 65 convention 'I live in a blue house with a blue window'

Gotta be on the wind up surely?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.