I cannot believe that LIVERPOOL is not sold out for City

Re: I can't believe it ain't sold out yet

To be honest, I fully understand the issue of cost, especially for those with families, but I bet thats the minority. I was struggling, so I saved up a tenner a week this month and got my ticket with that. For most people, if they wanted to go then they could. But thats them, I am now 20 loyalty points above them and going to a game with the usual 'hardcore' which is sure to be a top night and great atmosphere!

Liverpool a big game! maybe 10 year ago.

Monday night.

Live on tv

£46?

Fuck that......I will do wembley with money to waste thanks!

End of Story.

zandvoort blue said:
Well it would be £69 for my ticket and a junior plus petrol, parking etc for a night match on a monday that`s on TV. This in a week where I`ll be spending another £200 to go to Wembley. A no brainer for me.

frightening innit

Ive said this several times before... i think were obsessed with our attendances home and away. we have a better than average away following, but u would expect that for a city like manchester. We are not a liverpool, arsenal, rags, celtic (or now chelsea) - who all have a multi-international global following and have waiting lists for home games. i remember as a kid and everyone going on about all the liverpool shirts you see everywhere you go, even rags use to go on about it. Now its rag shirts everywhere!!
we are city, we have a loyal following and still a mainly working class fan base. I like the way we are -'free the 30000' - as we were once described.
It was easier for us to sell out at maine rd laterally when we had a cap on attendance at 34000 and a waiting list - this is how totenham is now (they took 5000 at wigan today and have played loads of champs leagues games as well) - therefore more demand for tickets home and away.
I still believe we have a solid 34000 or so fan base (i know we have 36000 s/t), in my mind thats our heritage and history - lets be proud of this and not go all neurotic when we dont sell out home or away!!!
Those that can go will, those that want to go will try, those that cant find the funds will beat themselves up about missing a match, and those who like city will find a way to watch or listen somewhere. Were all blues, i thought we would sell out at liverpool, but times are very hard with all the cup games.
The teams mentioned above sell out everywhere because of that huge international and global pull they have - im quite happy the way we are and hope our great fan base stays the same!!!

Come on city, were all blues!!!

bainy said:
Ive said this several times before... i think were obsessed with our attendances home and away. we have a better than average away following, but u would expect that for a city like manchester. We are not a liverpool, arsenal, rags, celtic (or now chelsea) - who all have a multi-international global following and have waiting lists for home games. i remember as a kid and everyone going on about all the liverpool shirts you see everywhere you go, even rags use to go on about it. Now its rag shirts everywhere!!
we are city, we have a loyal following and still a mainly working class fan base. I like the way we are -'free the 30000' - as we were once described.
It was easier for us to sell out at maine rd laterally when we had a cap on attendance at 34000 and a waiting list - this is how totenham is now (they took 5000 at wigan today and have played loads of champs leagues games as well) - therefore more demand for tickets home and away.
I still believe we have a solid 34000 or so fan base (i know we have 36000 s/t), in my mind thats our heritage and history - lets be proud of this and not go all neurotic when we dont sell out home or away!!!
Those that can go will, those that want to go will try, those that cant find the funds will beat themselves up about missing a match, and those who like city will find a way to watch or listen somewhere. Were all blues, i thought we would sell out at liverpool, but times are very hard with all the cup games.
The teams mentioned above sell out everywhere because of that huge international and global pull they have - im quite happy the way we are and hope our great fan base stays the same!!!

Come on city, were all blues!!!
well said lad. i was planning on going anfield, but wembley coming up, funds are tight, have had to give it a miss. but this obsession with attendences seems to come from rags taking the piss. fuckin ignore em. we start winning things, all of us have more integrity in our piss than they've got, so bollox to em
haven't heard free the 30,000 in a long time, good shout

Maybe it is because people can't find out how to get tickets.

Go to City's website. Click on tickets from the choice along the top. You won't find any way to get to any info about the Liverpool match.

I know how to to find that info, so don't tell me, but it is poor design to lead people down a blind alley.

I find the website cumbersome and not really that good. I know there are worse ones out there in football land, but it could still do with improvements.

urmston said:
Maybe it is because people can't find out how to get tickets.

Go to City's website. Click on tickets from the choice along the top. You won't find any way to get to any info about the Liverpool match.

I know how to to find that info, so don't tell me, but it is poor design to lead people down a blind alley.

I find the website cumbersome and not really that good. I know there are worse ones out there in football land, but it could still do with improvements.
Dont agree sorry with your assertain that people are not going because the website is poor. yes it could be better. The website, S/T cards and Citycards have phoneline numbers on them. 1 phonecall and you get tik info.
We never use to have a website (did we in 1999??). we certainly didnt in 76 and 81.
I think its simple, if you want to go and can you will...i think the club are trying very hard to help supporters, much better than the swales / lee days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.