I got it in the neck for not liking Bob Dylan

I thinhk I vaguely remember the thread and it wasn't just that you said you didn't like him, there was a bit more to it than that which is why you got 'flamed' as you say

This was meant as a light hearted dig and the chance to listen to him singing Bluemoon.

It seems he is the Marmite of the music world?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Pam said:
What a bastard you are for not liking Bob Dylan.
That's really very well put Pam if I may say so.

Its very much a generational thing.

Anyone old enough to have been evacuated seems to like the fella, anyone born in the decimal age thinks he's wank.

;-)

Saying Dylan cant sing is a bit of cliche isn't it? Granted, his voice is fucked now.

I don't think you can put his songwriting on par with the Beatles, he was a different league to them all together.

Still, it would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing wouldn't it?

TheMightyQuinn said:
Skashion said:
TMQ will swoop down and smite the haterz.

I can barely muster the energy to defend Bob Dylan, it shouldn't need doing.

Lyrically he's been matched but never bettered, so what if he doesn't have a good voice? conventionally good voices are a dime a dozen and extremely uninteresting. I dare say Katherine Jenkins has got an amazing voice but she has fuck all to say and is essentially some tits and arse for the opera crowd who wouldn't buy a Girls Aloud album.

Dylan is up there.

Well she does have a nicer arse than Bob Dylan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.