I hate being told to sit down, when we are attacking....

GStar said:
I want to stand, so my ST is in an area that allows me to do so.

If i was in another part of the ground, i'd understand others may want/have to sit and try to act accordingly. And that, technically, i'm supposed to remain seated.

your not supposed to remain seated anywhere, if anyone seriously thinks this is what is expected at a football match they are from a different planet or have only just started watching live sport. you cannot ask someone not to stand up at crucial moments, you can ask people not to stand up for the whole 90 minutes.

i simply connot believe this thread and how selfish people are.

GStar said:

If i was in another part of the ground, i'd understand others may want/have to sit and try to act accordingly. And that, technically, i'm supposed to remain seated.

Completely understand. But I am happy sitting the majority of the game, it's just when we are really looking like doing something, others stand in front of you, I can't help but get up. My total time standing in the 90 minutes is probably 5!!!! Just thought to be told to sit down, and the way it happened was OTT.

Howling Wolf said:
GStar said:

your not supposed to remain seated anywhere, if anyone seriously thinks this is what is expected at a football match they are from a different planet or have only just started watching live sport. you cannot ask someone not to stand up at crucial moments, you can ask people not to stand up for the whole 90 minutes.

More than a tad hypocritical with the selfish line. At least think things through first.

Like i said if you want to stand, get a ticket in the relevant section of the ground. Rather than standing in-front of someone who doesn't want to or, repeating myself, cannot stand and therefore misses all the crucial action.

You can cater for yourself if you wish to stand.
You are supposed to remain seated.
Therefore, you are being selfish choosing to stand when others behind you can't.<br /><br />-- 08 Oct 2012, 22:30 --<br /><br />
dancity19 said:
GStar said:

Completely understand. But I am happy sitting the majority of the game, it's just when we are really looking like doing something, others stand in front of you, I can't help but get up. My total time standing in the 90 minutes is probably 5!!!! Just thought to be told to sit down, and the way it happened was OTT.

I know what you mean i've had it before, in hindsight i think they're well within their right to, as much as it might have pissed me off at the time because i was watching Ireland smash a last minute volley against Reading or some other mildly depressing shit.

who are these people who cannot stand there must be very few. There are disabled seats where obviously people have a gauranteed seated view, if these people are being obstructed then this is a different issue. if people are so immobile that they cannot stand several times during the game then it selfish to expect every other member of the crowd to stay seated just for the tiny minority. this is true of all parts of the ground.

i understand that standing for long periods of time is difficult for some of the oldies (like my father as i stated above), but at any sporting venue this problem is to be expected, after all it is a sports event its not a play.

Gstar there are no areas where standing is not allowed your talking nonsense, and there is no relavent place to get a ST so you can, you are not supposed to remain seated as you put it. persistant standing is a completely different issue, which I wouldnt want because I go to the ground with 2 kids under 7 and a pensioner.

my last comment on this, no one will ever be able to stop people from standing at key moments anyway, it's an instinct. crazy thread this one.

GStar said:
Howling Wolf said:
GStar said:

More than a tad hypocritical with the selfish line. At least think things through first.

Like i said if you want to stand, get a ticket in the relevant section of the ground. Rather than standing in-front of someone who doesn't want to or, repeating myself, cannot stand and therefore misses all the crucial action.

You can cater for yourself if you wish to stand.
You are supposed to remain seated.
Therefore, you are being selfish choosing to stand when others behind you can't.

-- 08 Oct 2012, 22:30 --

dancity19 said:
GStar said:

I know what you mean i've had it before, in hindsight i think they're well within their right to, as much as it might have pissed me off at the time because i was watching Ireland smash a last minute volley against Reading or some other mildly depressing shit.

Fair enough mate, but I think that's where we differ slightly. Was it 'persistent' standing, or standing for 1-3 minutes at a time even, I would agree.

But I am talking about getting up, when others do too around you, when we have a real scoring opportunity. Its not like I am the only person getting up in the middle of 400 around me who remain seated. Loads of people stand.

Whilst I understand people may not want to stand, I think they have to accept it's a football game, and you are going to get people standing at certain moments during the game. I do not stand for long periods of times, and very rarely for longer than say....30 seconds at a time, as I know it can cause issues. I do think, though, to tell people to sit down, during a promising attack (which Aguero's goal came from) is unreasonable.

Further, as I have said in other posts, it was the way it was delivered. I don't expect to be spoken to like that, for standing at a football game for no longer than 30 seconds.

The op showed more restraint than I ever could , where we sit we are up and down all game, nobody stays sat down and nobody stays stood up. Perfect.

unfortunately football is becoming with polluted with people who are not in love with the game, hence people who turn up and show no emotion, as proven by their lack of singing or even their lack of desire to stand up when city could score.

as you say, standing when we approach their goal should be a natural instinct

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.