I hate being told to sit down, when we are attacking....

This is why standing should be reintroduced at football. Those that want to stand can and those that want to sit do so.

Fans were almost fighting each other at the FA Cup final over this issue. Can you believe that? People moaning about standing at our first Final for 30 years! Incredible.

It is about having some respect though. People dont stand much where I sit CB level 2 and in fact dont do much at all. I am surrounded by a few long standing ST holders but a fair few corporates every game. I like my padded seat so am happy to make use of it! At aways I am happy to stand all game but I do feel sorry for those less mobile who struggle with that. I think the club should sell the bottom 4 rows to anyone at aways who cant or doesnt want to stand.

Funny how its all changed. In the 80's all the lads would go in the seats!

jaiden said:
I sit In the 3rd tier of the Colin bell and its like a morgue ! The old fans in that stand are annoying as fuck as like the original poster i stand up and try and sing etc ... When the "stand up if you love city" chant starts literally noone around me stands up and I do and get told to sit down by an old fart behind ! Il tell him to do one next time

I'm in 326 and its just the same, where you at? We'll join forces!!

Oh lordy, just be polite to those around you. If there is a bit of attack then expect thse rise of the crowd and try and cling on to your seat but if you cannot then sit down quickly after we have scored/fluffed it.

Holcombe bloo said:
jaiden said:
I sit In the 3rd tier of the Colin bell and its like a morgue ! The old fans in that stand are annoying as fuck as like the original poster i stand up and try and sing etc ... When the "stand up if you love city" chant starts literally noone around me stands up and I do and get told to sit down by an old fart behind ! Il tell him to do one next time

I sit in 125 and that's where the Poznan always dies a death. You can hear the fossils groaning "I hope it doesn't come round here" when the South Stand start bobbing up and down.

We'll have no standing up in 125, so stay away youngster!

I only stand when applauding the team on or off the pitch, players on or off for substitutions and injuries, Goals or when someone in front stands and prevents me from seeing the action (and not always then either - I just don't see what happened)
I paid for a seat in an area of the stadium that ought to be the least conducive to standing (CB3) and I don't see why I should have to stand because of someone else's selfishness.

danburge82 said:
Absolutely fucking hate it mate.

The want of fans to stand up is huge. There is space for about 3000 at City, yet every season we'd take 7000 to Blackburn and nobody would be sat down, we've taken 9000 to Old Trafford and all stood up, we took 28000 to Wembley and had about 15000 stood up.

In my block people stand up when we attack, then we might get a corner and everyone sits down but I'm still stood up for the corner and people say "sit down". I often point to the pitch and simply say "we've got a corner". Does my head in.

I don't want to sit down at the match full stop but I do because I want a seat on the halfway line on the Level 1.

For me our standing/signing section should be 101-111. At least that would allow all those who want to stand to stand.

It does my head in as well. Was at the Fulham match last year, sitting in Colin Bell. We won a penalty and I'm standing to watch it. The guy behind me is telling me to sit down for it. I was mind boggled. I've flown 3000 miles to see City and I'm going to enjoy myself and support my bloody team in any sensible way I see fit. I wasn't standing for the whole match, just for penalties, corners, promising attacks. I had more of a Manc accent than the guy telling me to sit down. Never again will I sit in the Colin Bell Stand.

At the final whistle I gave him a bit of my mind and the Fulham bench was laughing at me. The guy got up and walked out at a brisk pace.

citykev28 said:
I don't really see why I should pay £35 to watch the back of your jacket for 90 fucking minutes to be honest.

Where did I say I stand for 90 minutes...? Read my post and get back to me?

Likewise, why should I pay for a season ticket, to be told to sit down when we get a scoring opportunity?<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:13 pm --<br /><br />
forevermancity said:
Howling Wolf said:
do you not think football would be a little odd if everyone just sat down fot the whole game. what about after a goal has been scored, what about after wnning a title for the first time in a lifetime, what about when the ref makes a bad call.

this subject really boggles my mind, this is why we we watch football its a physical group experience, and the unity of being part of a huge group is a unique overwhelming, sometimes magical, sometimes frustrating experience. the experience is diluted enough already if it becomes even more so it will be pointless , if I just wanted to watch it just to witness it, TV is a better option.

there is a difference between standing up for chances, applauding players off the pitch, goals, impulsive applause or anger and standing up for every attack like the OP

CB stand has been like that since we moved, if you want to stand there are specific area's for that

why should everyone go out of their way so that the OP can stand when we attack?

away days are a different animal, you stand and you know what you sign up for, season tickets are bought with this in mind so people who want to sit, choose CB and family stand. people who want to stand choose SS. If you cant get in there, tough.

should bring back standing to erradicate this problem, but 99% of fans accept this until they do bring it back

Hold on mate....I didn't say I stood at every attack.
I stand when we have a good chance, I think I said attacking with intent, i.e we are looking like scoring.
Secondly, I sit on row v......so very much toward the back of the stand....a lot of people are already stood up in front of me, another reason why I stand.

Thirdly, my post was as much about the way I was spoken to, as the matter of standing. Re-read my post. I said I happily sat down for the guy who asked me to sit down in a reasonable fashion- I can handle that.

It was being called a pillock and a twat within the space of 5 seconds just for standing, just before Aguero got his goal. I am not an unreasonable guy, and I understand some people may have trouble standing etc, but there is way to go about things, in my opinion.

BlueMoonraker said:
Holcombe bloo said:
jaiden said:

I sit in 125 and that's where the Poznan always dies a death. You can hear the fossils groaning "I hope it doesn't come round here" when the South Stand start bobbing up and down.

We'll have no standing up in 125, so stay away youngster!

I'm in 125 mate.....where the incident happened...haha!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.