I hate to say I told you so, but....

Didsbury Dave

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=113754&st=0&sk=t&sd=a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=113754&st=0&sk=t&sd=a</a>

Not today, it's not. It's doing my head in.

Never has so much hot air been spouted. The melodrama about ticketing is incredible.

City underestimated demand. Big deal. We all did.

Anyone who wants to get in will get in, end of story. Disregarding the tickets for sale on Monday, there will be tons floating around for the next few weeks and outside the ground.

There was a bloody interesting peice of speculation in The Times today that we will move for Ribery, Santa Cruz and Henry and offload Robinho, but noone is interested.

the journo clearly has a source and I for one would welcome the changes he suggests Hughes would like to make.

I just think it's funny.

Would be nice if EPL ticket prices dropped to, say £20 next season btw.

Dave,

In relation to the times article, I concur with what you're saying. We've seen a very slick PR machine eminating from City this season and it's my opinion that Hughes would get shot of Robinho if we can attract the names mentioned such as Henry & Ribery.
I believe that journo's are being briefed, we'll sell Robonho for a substantial amount and then really flex the muscles this summer when we move for several top names all at once. This will show potential signings we mean business, hopefully leading to us actually landing some of these quality players.
Come next August, we'll have the correct blend of experienced winner alongside our academy products such as Micah, Nedum and Stevie and by September most will have forgotten about the vastly overrated Robinho.

That's a good post, Paul.

I actually think that we will offload Robinho too, and I think it will be a mutual decision.

I know it's a big if, but Ribery would be the perfect replacement and adds consistency and work ethic to his game.

If I could take the deal now - Robinho goes, Ribery and Henry come in, I would. And I believe Hughes would.

I reckon the source is an agent. who knows if he has an agenda -probably....!

Didsbury Dave said:
That's a good post, Paul.

I actually think that we will offload Robinho too, and I think it will be a mutual decision.

I know it's a big if, but Ribery would be the perfect replacement and adds consistency and work ethic to his game.

If I could take the deal now - Robinho goes, Ribery and Henry come in, I would. And I believe Hughes would.

I reckon the source is an agent. who knows if he has an agenda -probably....!

do you really believe a player like ribery would come play in a team without stars like robinho, because I dont.

It would be hard to get him but not possible.

We certainly can't have him and Robinho, they play the same position.

Henry will want a last big payday before retirement, so he's a possibility.

Kisby,

Here's what I beleive. I think, like Abarmovich did in his first season, that we will try to sign several of these top names all at once. This will show the potential signings that we mean business and will encourage them to sign when they see who else may be coming to the club.
The players I have most regard are the likes of Nedum and Stevie and are a vital component in our clubs future but these owners mean business, hence certain media contacts having been briefed about specific targets already. Money talks and City will spend vast amounts this summer and will be in the process of doing so now.

Would Ribery sign if he found out Henry was going to sign? See where my train of thought is here?

Perhaps they may keep Robinho but there's too many stories floating about stating Hughes willingness to let him go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.