I hate to say I told you so, but....

Didsbury Dave said:
Fucking hell, I'm going to have to spell this one out for you in Babies English.

Both Robinho and Ribery play in the exact same position - Left sided wide forward.

Neither will be effective in any other position.

They are both highly paid superstars who play for their country.

Neither will be prepared to sit on the bench.

So it's one or the other.

Comprendez?

Comprendez is nothing like Babies English but I'll let you off. So now you are saying they can't be in the same squad? My exact point in an earlier post that you dismissed? Well I suggest you go back to my post, read it again and I hope you understand my point remains the same, ie you're talking shit. But thanks for the info on them being internationals who are both players from the top bracket as I didn't know that.

Your wriggling like a worm, Jay, i'll give you credit for that.

But I'd leave it if I were you before you make more of a fool of yourself.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Ribery play on the right? Anyway, I think what Jay is getting at is that football at the top level is a squad game. I think it was Mourinho who once famously said that to compete for trophies at the highest level, you need TWO quality players for each position. Obviously the problem then becomes trying to keep everybody happy, which is why the top mangers rotate so much these days. However, the trick is to be resting Ribery and bringing in SWP. Or resting Robinho to bring in Henry. In other words, you're resting players without weakening the team!

Didsbury Dave said:
Your wriggling like a worm, Jay, i'll give you credit for that.

But I'd leave it if I were you before you make more of a fool of yourself.

Haha the comeback of a beaten man. Bow down to my superior knowledge DD! (having said that you did know that Ribery and Robinho were internationals so kudos to you!)

hgblue said:
Please correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Ribery play on the right? Anyway, I think what Jay is getting at is that football at the top level is a squad game. I think it was Mourinho who once famously said that to compete for trophies at the highest level, you need TWO quality players for each position. Obviously the problem then becomes trying to keep everybody happy, which is why the top mangers rotate so much these days. However, the trick is to be resting Ribery and bringing in SWP. Or resting Robinho to bring in Henry. In other words, you're resting players without weakening the team!

He plays on the left.

Football is a squad game and you do need two for each position. Players like Zableta, Kompany and even SWP can play in a couple of positions so that helps

But we are Manchester City, not Real Madrid, and if we manage to get two of the world's best players

1) It would be daft to have them both in exactly the same position
2) They are not going to come/stay to sit on the bench half the time. Robinho left Real Madrid for that reason.

You can't just stick left sided players on the right or playmakers up front. It doesn't work. Remember Richards at left back?

Didsbury Dave said:
hgblue said:

He plays on the left.

Football is a squad game and you do need two for each position. Players like Zableta, Kompany and even SWP can play in a couple of positions so that helps

But we are Manchester City, not Real Madrid, and if we manage to get two of the world's best players

2) They are not going to come/stay to sit on the bench half the time. Robinho left Real Madrid for that reason.

You can't just stick left sided players on the right or playmakers up front. It doesn't work. Remember Richards at left back?

Haha what was that about squirming? Thank you hgblue, I wanted DD to get to my point all by himself but he was incapable. He also thinks Robinho left RM because he was on the bench....hahaha!

Didsbury Dave said:
hgblue said:

He plays on the left.

I bow to your superior knowledge on Ribery's position, as I don't watch German football, and only vaguely remember seeing him play for a French team once against Bolton in the uefa cup a few years ago. I'm pretty certain he was playing on the right though that night. Anyway, my point is we don't NEED to sell Robbie, so why should we? Can you list the number of truly world class players we've had in the last 30 years. Why so keen to ditch this one?

Quote from today's Times:

"First, City would have to find a buyer for Robinho, whom, contrary to Mark Hughes’s claims yesterday, the manager is prepared to sell. Ribéry, 25, operates in the same position between midfield and attack as Robinho, and Hughes is mindful that it would be unfeasible to play both in the same team,"

Quote from today's Telegraph:

"The inconsistent Brazilian plays in a similar position to Ribery, and it would be unfeasible to play them both. Therefore, Ribery could only come in if Robinho leaves"

Quotes from jaymcfc - freely available above.

Absolutely PMSL

Didsbury Dave said:
Quote from today's Times:

"First, City would have to find a buyer for Robinho, whom, contrary to Mark Hughes’s claims yesterday, the manager is prepared to sell. Ribéry, 25, operates in the same position between midfield and attack as Robinho, and Hughes is mindful that it would be unfeasible to play both in the same team,"

Quote from today's Telegraph:

"The inconsistent Brazilian plays in a similar position to Ribery, and it would be unfeasible to play them both. Therefore, Ribery could only come in if Robinho leaves"

Quotes from jaymcfc - freely available above.

Absolutely PMSL

Do you believe everything you read in the papers?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.