I hate to say I told you so, but....

Again, I agree. I think Robinho will go.

Winning the UEFA cup would do us a favour, too. The UEFA Cup has been a stepping stone for clubs like Porto and Liverpool who have gone on to with the Champs League.

Ribery would be very hard to attract but money talks and we are still, by a country mile, the only club who can pay stupid amounts of money. Like with Kaka, if noone can match our bid or even get close, then noone else will bid and his club may want him to go.

We have to accept that there will be some rejections along the way, but let's continue to aim high.

Agree that twinning the UEFA cup would make us a really big attraction purelyon footballing terms, bring a real buzz about the club too. I'm loving reading about the sense of anticipation on all the message boards, are the good times finally about to arrive??

One other point, people harp on about how possible really is to sign these marquee players because they all want to play champions league football so wouldn't give us a second glance. The fact is, most of these players want to be at champions league clubs because that's where they get the biggest wages and ultimately they're in this game to make a living. We can pay more than anyone, even the rags and as long as we can convince these players that the good ship Manchester City is headed for lands a plenty, they'll want to get on board.

How cheesy was that last line?!?

blue_paul said:
as long as we can convince these players that the good ship Manchester City is headed for lands a plenty, they'll want to get on board.

cheese-sheepsmilkgroup.jpg

So then Didsbury Dave whilst moaning about the da-to-day threads on here, you yourself bring up whether or not Bobbie will be sold in the summer? A daily arguement if ever I saw one. I'm sick to the back teeth of people moaning about him now, it's getting silly. In case you haven't realised we are no longer in the kind of position where we have to sell our best players in order to bring some in, if we do want Ribery and Henry then get them but not at the expense of a top class player we already have. Experience tells us foreigners generally struggle for the first 18 months. Robbie's goals return and assists have been fantastic for his first season but for some reason he is the scapegoat. Yes he's had a couple of months where he hasn't been as good as he was at the start of the season (like Elano last year and many foreigners before them) but he'll come good. Anyone who talks about selling him this summer imo doesn't have a clu...of course that's an opinion, take it as you please.

Listen Jay, the future of Robinho and any possible replacements is far more important to MCFC than whingeing about tickets.

You can't have Ribery and Robinho in the same team. One would have to make way for the other and neither is going to want to sit on the bench.

Don't accuse me of moaning. If you can't see the difference betwen moaning and debate then that's your problem.

Didsbury Dave said:
Listen Jay, the future of Robinho and any possible replacements is far more important to MCFC than whingeing about tickets.

You can't have Ribery and Robinho in the same team. One would have to make way for the other and neither is going to want to sit on the bench.

Don't accuse me of moaning. If you can't see the difference betwen moaning and debate then that's your problem.

Ribery and Robinho can't be in the same squad? What a load of shite.

jay_mcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Ribery and Robinho can't be in the same squad? What a load of shite.

I said the same team, not squad. Read it again before shooting your mouth off.

Didsbury Dave said:

The whole sentence is saying Robinho and Ribery cannot be in the same squad. You're saying if we go for Ribery we have to sell Robinho. I'm saying you're talking shit, exactly what you're accusing other posters of and yet you can't see the irony.

Fucking hell, I'm going to have to spell this one out for you in Babies English.

Both Robinho and Ribery play in the exact same position - Left sided wide forward.

Neither will be effective in any other position.

They are both highly paid superstars who play for their country.

Neither will be prepared to sit on the bench.

So it's one or the other.

Comprendez?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.