I have a horrible feeling about Sunday...

johnwaynebobbet said:
Xavvi said:
I worry Liverpool are going to turn up and play at the intensity they played at last season where they absolutely destroyed everybody they came up against. Johnson and Torres being out just keeps us in with a chance if they do because nobody can stop that kind of football when it comes off.

They have not played like that since the sold Alonso.

IMHO they will be ineffective at best. There defence is shaky and there attack not threatening in the slightest.

They did against the Rags, Spurs and Stoke City.

mancunial said:
hope we don,t get a ref like last season that kick from skirtle was probably the worst i have ever seen from a referee (i didnt see it)? well 45,000 saw it and joe certainly did, yet he couldn,t get the card out for zab quick enough? do them city and lets get motivated again!!!

Its Peter Walton.......same ref as last year

Xavvi said:
I worry Liverpool are going to turn up and play at the intensity they played at last season where they absolutely destroyed everybody they came up against. Johnson and Torres being out just keeps us in with a chance if they do because nobody can stop that kind of football when it comes off.

Got to move the ball on the ground though, Liverpool seem to hate it.

Everyone needs to stop being so fucking over dramatic. If it wasn't for Zab getting sent off we would've beat the fuckers last season with Alonso, Torres, Gerrard all on form. They had a stupid amount of games played against 10 men plus they drew a lot too, they didn't even win anything ffs thats how unstoppable they were.

Xavvi said:
johnwaynebobbet said:
They have not played like that since the sold Alonso.

IMHO they will be ineffective at best. There defence is shaky and there attack not threatening in the slightest.

They did against the Rags, Spurs and Stoke City.

3 games one of which ended as a draw. Not exactly the same as last year. Look at them last night.

Now if that little shit Michael Owen was still playing for them I'd be worried but at the moment I think we stand a good chance of beating them.

Dancini said:
Xavvi said:

Got to move the ball on the ground though, Liverpool seem to hate it.

Everyone needs to stop being so fucking over dramatic. If it wasn't for Zab getting sent off we would've beat the fuckers last season with Alonso, Torres, Gerrard all on form. They had a stupid amount of games played against 10 men plus they drew a lot too, they didn't even win anything ffs thats how unstoppable they were.

I said they destroyed everyone at the fast tempo, not that they merely destroyed everyone. Please read posts before going psycho.

Don't worry guys, Liverpool are rubbish since selling Alonso. Mancini has a strong home record and rarely loses at home. A draw at worst. If they proper football on the ground, we will win this. Just stop this negativity and trust in the team and Mancini. The fans play a big role, that's why Mancini was pleading you to be the twelve man.

Chippy_boy said:
Is it only me, but I fear we are going to get battered. We haven't lost at home for nearly a year and our form lately has been just diabolical.

Confidence is clearly very low, with passes going astray and players looking like they don't know what to do when they have the ball.

We'll probably be without Carlos and maybe Bellers too. And Viera who, despite his age, could have been a key calming influence on Sunday.

It's a must-not-lose game and therefore I see us being all cagey and worried. And it's MUST win game for them. I just feel they are going to be all over us like a rash.

PLEASE someone tell me I am worrying needlessly???!?

Liverpool were as poor lastnight as we were against Pompey or Bolton! Torres is out! Gerrard is playing at about 70% fit! Johnson is out! Benayoun hasn't played for over a month so won't be match sharp! Their form is poor, a few
good results more recenty but performances have been shoddy - did you seetheir none effort no even try to score a goal let alone win the game at The Emirates?? they were SHIT!!

We have had a difficult few weeks with quality of performances! however, we've still been picking up wins without playing well, it's nlike we've lost 4 and drawn 2'of our last 6 is it!? every team has a slump in form, Chelsea, United even Barcelona were quite poor at Atletico on Sunday!

We will pull out of this slump starting this weekend! I don't know about anyone else but I'm well up for this game on Sunday and believe it is fully winable for us!
defeatest attitudes will feed through to the players and their confidexe
will drop even more! remember the positive atmospheres we had against Arsenal and Chelsea, after we had a very poor run l, and we won both of these games!!

COME ON LADS EH!!!!

Chippy_boy said:
Is it only me, but I fear we are going to get battered. We haven't lost at home for nearly a year and our form lately has been just diabolical.

Confidence is clearly very low, with passes going astray and players looking like they don't know what to do when they have the ball.

We'll probably be without Carlos and maybe Bellers too. And Viera who, despite his age, could have been a key calming influence on Sunday.

It's a must-not-lose game and therefore I see us being all cagey and worried. And it's MUST win game for them. I just feel they are going to be all over us like a rash.

PLEASE someone tell me I am worrying needlessly???!?

Battered is unlikely and a little pessamistic but a midfield 3 of Gerrard - Mascarano - Agerla against DJ - Barry and Ireland dont look positive to me

DJ has the strenth of Mascarano but not the passing ability
Ireland is out of sorts
Barry wont have the legs against Garrard

The midfield 3 of Liverpool are much much more balanced than ours

Just utterely pissed off that ths is the second most important game this season and 2 of our key players aint available and Viera the utter knob has put himself out of selection for 3 days so if we get an injury to any of midfield players we are once again shifting people around.

Only this could happen to us

Pissed off to say the least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.