I have just been told.............Update page 39

Re: I have just been told.............

Bluemoon115 said:
moomba said:
Gary Cooks "comfort zone" comments when he first came are turning out to be right on the money.

Mourinho, Benitez, Ancelotti, etc all brought in several players they had worked with before. Your trying to make out like he's only buying players he's familiar with, which is blatantly not the case.

Not to mention Harry himself.

Bluemoon115 said:
Mourinho, Benitez, Ancelotti, etc all brought in several players they had worked with before. Your trying to make out like he's only buying players he's familiar with, which is blatantly not the case.

I'm not trying to make out anything.

You shouldn't read so much into it. Just a rant thats all.

california blue said:
markbmcfc said:
I'm probably in the minority here but I wouldnt mind this. Bentley isnt a player i'd personally aim for but he does have qualities.

Petrov has had his day IMO, he was one of my favourite players under Sven, but he isnt as good as what we have now. He's a great player to have in the squad but from his attitude this pre season, he sees himself above that. Its a little bit Elano-esque for me. He's 30 now, isnt going to get better and had a bad injury to have at his age last season.

Its a shame, I would have liked to sign him a few years earlier when we were tossing about with Riera and Musampa, though I suspect we would have been a backward step for him at that time.

Petrov's biggest strength is his pace, personally I feel he lost a yard last season when he did play, which is natural as he is 31 soon and will only lose another yard or two. Id prefer to keep him as a squad player but he wants first team football.

Bentley - played his best football under Hughes. Doesnt have the pace of Petrov but has a better delivery. We dont really have a right sided player with a very good crossing ability, he would provide that and would be good service for Santa Cruz and Adebayor. RSC wouldnt have scored half as many for BBurn without him. He may be happier being a squad player then Petrov would be.

I dont like the guy personally, I dont like Bellamy personally, but he's a good player that does well for us and is committed, which is all I want to see from players. If Bentley does the same and gets 10 assists a season, im happy with that.

Agree with this - Bentley set piece from one side and Barry from the other will be lethal

i agrre with this

I wish people wouldn't result to personal insults in regards to the opening poster.

Saying that, people are very naive to still believe the stuff Spursmad comes out with. He's still riding on the back of calling the Taylor transfer. Nothing he's said since then has come true or not been reported by source after source after source elsewhere.

I suspect he has some kind of link to Taylor, that's all.

I like the way the starting match-day squad is taking shape. Threat from below, threat from above, speed all over, left, right, down the middle, CBs that can bring the ball out of defence.

Er. I think. Anyone like to help me out?

cant see us paying 10mill plus petrov, but do think this deal will happen at a lower figure, petrov is an out and out left winger does not like to track back to much short game is not the best but is quick and delivers a decent ball on the move

bentley can deliver decent ball on the move, has decent short game, deadly from set plays, can play in the middle or the right of midfield and when he has his head on will work hard, he is more suited to our current squad of players than petrov in my opinion due to his flexability in midfield.

we know petrov wants out i can see him becoming a pain in the arse if he does not play and he stays, we know bentley can be a bit of a berk but so can bellamy but hughes seems to be able to get the best out of these players.

one more thing it is not a coincidence that RSC best season was with bentley dropping balls on his head with pinpoint accuracy when they were together at blackburn

for me it is a no brainer petrov out
bentley in

the way Bentley was playing for Hughes at Rovers he would have played for nearly every side in the big4 nevermind the rest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.