I have just been told.............Update page 39

Re: I have just been told.............

dachoosen1 said:
http://tottenhamblog.blogishness.com/uncategorized/petrov-in-london-3m-for-kranjcar-bentley-to-city-tottenham-portsmouth-man-city/
Saw this on newsnow.com the blog stats that the timesare reporting that the toal value of the bentley deal is 10mil im guessing 5mil plus petrov! Sounds like a good deal to me!

I could live with that deal, £5m plus an almost 31 yr old winger coming back from a serious injury for a 25 yr old who was on the verge of the England team. Still a bit on the expensive side for a player who couldn't guarantee himself a 1st team starting position for Spuds but with what we have been paying £10m (ish) seems to be the going rate........

alera said:
Seems to me city have made a slight error in not selling Petrov abroad beforehand. This proposed deal looks favourable to Tottenham, and City have no opportunity to ameliorate the fans and balance the squad by replacing Petrov.

Spot on with everything you have said there.

THis will piss off a large proportion of fans IMO. They dont want Bentley AND they dont want Petrov sold. Its a double shit sandwich, with our wealth he should have been sold for less money to a club a broad or at least to a side that we are not competing with in a big way IF he had to be sold at all.

If it happens this will definately bite us back in a big way, Bentley will prove to be a poor singing and Petrov will be awesome at spuds.

Its easy to see what will happen. Things are going so well at the moment, overall we have done brilliant business in this transfer window. I dont understand why we would do uneccessary deals now that could spoil things or take the gloss off an excellent start to the season and summer window.

In your eyes, others beg to differ including the men that matter

If we get Bentley, i hope and pray that we sort a loan deal out for Vladi Weiss before the window shuts. He wont get a game with SWP and Bentley infront of him. He probably wont even get on the bench either. If we don't immediately loan him, we could run the risk of ruining his potential. He MUST be loaned out. He needs games. He's nearly 20 now. At that age, the likes of Ireland and Richards already had loads of premier league games under their belts. Weiss has had about 20 mins v Bolton. That's it. He wont improve if he doesn't play football. So i can only hope that Hughes is making Weiss available for loan. If he is, then fair enough... Bentley will be decent cover for SWP for the time being. But if Weiss stays here as 3rd choice right winger, i'll be angry. We'd be wasting his talent, and he may well lose patience and leave. If Bentley signs, please loan Vladi out Hughes.

Plays a killer ball - if RSC and Ade ever make up a two up front then SWP and Rob on the wings will not deliver balls into the box, this guy will, so whilst i doubt he will be a first choice he is a good option to have.

A player Hughes knows he can trust.

No problem with the deal personally - the fee will be undisclosed but everyone will believe the Mirror and mark it down as £15m. So what

Everytime i've seen bentley i've always thought he'd make a decent playmaker in the middle.

Ireland8989 said:
alera said:
Off topic but that will go down as the worst piece of business in transfer hsitory.

i think guardiola´and laporta has better judgement but time will tell :)

wake up, the whole world rate ibra. stupid english people...

Just thought i'd say that us Irish people think Ibra is shit to. Lots of better strikers around like Drogba and Torres.

Whenever I've seen Bentley he's played well, I also believe that pretty much every club he has been at has shat on him. I'm not saying he's squeeky clean in all of the things that have happened around him, but he's a good player, too good to be sat on the bench all the time. The one team where he hit his mark was Blackburn, with Hughes.

I would have no problem with £5 mil and Petrov for Bentley, Petrov is what 31? coming back from a serious recurring knee injury (he was coming off of the first one when we signed him) for a 25 year old who has a killer dead ball, great vision and knows how, and more importantly, goes along with how Hughes works.

It's obvious The Mirror got the bulk of the story off here, but is the line that says Petrov withdrew from the Bulgaria squad true? I haven't read all of this thread and haven't watched much of SSN today, so i don't know. Is it true?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.