I have just been told.............Update page 39

Re: I have just been told.............

martinmcfc said:
Spursmad321 is definitely in the know, even though it is from the mirror!!!

Manchester City make last minute bid for England ace
Published 22:48 31/08/09 Exclusive by John Cross

David Bentley has been lined up in a sensational £15million player-plus-cash move to Manchester City.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is close to a £5m deal for City’s Bulgarian left winger Martin Petrov.

But big-spending City and Tottenham are also discussing a last-gasp deal for England international Bentley to go the other way, with cash also changing hands.

Bentley, 25, who last week was banned from driving for 12 months for a drink-driving offence, joined Tottenham for £15m a year ago.

But he has struggled to win a regular spot and also lost his place in the England set-up as he has failed to win over the Spurs fans.

Everton, Aston Villa and Sunderland have all been interested in signing Bentley and Spurs are prepared to sell - as long as they can bring in a replacement.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is also demanding that he gets back almost all of his £15m outlay on the former Blackburn winger.

That has put off other clubs, and Everton even failed with a loan bid, but mega-rich City have the finances to sign Bentley and add the England winger to their expensively assembled squad.

City boss Mark Hughes managed Bentley during their time together at Blackburn and helped turn the former Arsenal trainee into an England international.

That prompted Tottenham to enquire about a possible player-plus-cash deal involving Petrov, 30, who was yesterday pulled out of the Bulgarian national squad to allow him to discuss a move to White Hart Lane.

Petrov nearly went to Tottenham two years ago but, after suffering a long-term knee injury, is now surplus to requirements at City.

But Tottenham are anxious to boost their squad after losing Croatian international Luka Modric for up to three months through injury.

Tottenham also made a cheeky enquiry to take Portsmouth’s Croatian midfielder Niko Kranjcar on loan, but now appear to be getting Petrov in a shock last minute deal.

From ITK on Spurs site Kranjcar done for £2m, so I do not think they will now go for Petrov.

I have no idea what's going on.

But I really don't want Bentley and where would he fit into the team?

Godfather said:
luke3210 said:
That is the worst deal in the world. I know your in the know spurs, but are you shirt it isn't the other way around - £10mil and bentley for Petrov?

I beleive it could defo happen but i'd be very disappointed if that was the deal.

Cheers Spurs

Im pretty sure Eto'o + £40m for Ibrahimovic takes that award.

yeah right... just scored in his league debut... did the same thing in his league debuts in juve and inter.

the guy is top class, etoo is nothing compared to ibra give him a break ffs

I'd offer Petrov and £4M if Hughes really wanted him, but we're a charity and will probably break the record transfer for him.

yeah right... just scored in his league debut... did the same thing in his league debuts in juve and inter.

Off topic but that will go down as the worst piece of business in transfer hsitory.

Brucie Bonus said:
I think Hughes can lay the law down though. LAST CHANCE young David.

Yeah, not a concern for me. From what little I know of their relationship, I imagine Hughes could get Bentley to into a lamp-post every day as part of his training regime.

Problem with this deal, from a PR perspective, is that it allies those who don't like Bentley with those who just don't want Petrov to join Spurs. I always thought a move for Bentley was likely, and that it would be the last of the deals, pushed through relatively quietly. Equally, I always felt Petrov would be likely to want to leave. Seems to me city have made a slight error in not selling Petrov abroad beforehand. This proposed deal looks favourable to Tottenham, and City have no opportunity to ameliorate the fans and balance the squad by replacing Petrov.

Bentley was good under hughes and if he comes hopefully would good under him again! I like petrov but people on here seem to think hes as good as robbie! He is a decent player who depends heavily on his pace which in my opinion will start to leave him soon and he has a terrible injury record! Bentley is still improving and i think he could a job! He will be good cover for swp and ireland and is a creative player which two days ago people were crying out for ffs! And RSC was bought to give ade competition plus ACON! I think he will be a great player here!

Seems to me city have made a slight error in not selling Petrov abroad beforehand. This proposed deal looks favourable to Tottenham, and City have no opportunity to ameliorate the fans and balance the squad by replacing Petrov.

Spot on with everything you have said there.

THis will piss off a large proportion of fans IMO. They dont want Bentley AND they dont want Petrov sold. Its a double shit sandwich, with our wealth he should have been sold for less money to a club a broad or at least to a side that we are not competing with in a big way IF he had to be sold at all.

If it happens this will definately bite us back in a big way, Bentley will prove to be a poor singing and Petrov will be awesome at spuds.

Its easy to see what will happen. Things are going so well at the moment, overall we have done brilliant business in this transfer window. I dont understand why we would would do uneccessary deals now that could spoil things or take the gloss off an excellent start to the season and summer window.

martinmcfc said:
Spursmad321 is definitely in the know, even though it is from the mirror!!!

Manchester City make last minute bid for England ace
Published 22:48 31/08/09 Exclusive by John Cross

David Bentley has been lined up in a sensational £15million player-plus-cash move to Manchester City.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is close to a £5m deal for City’s Bulgarian left winger Martin Petrov.

But big-spending City and Tottenham are also discussing a last-gasp deal for England international Bentley to go the other way, with cash also changing hands.

Bentley, 25, who last week was banned from driving for 12 months for a drink-driving offence, joined Tottenham for £15m a year ago.

But he has struggled to win a regular spot and also lost his place in the England set-up as he has failed to win over the Spurs fans.

Everton, Aston Villa and Sunderland have all been interested in signing Bentley and Spurs are prepared to sell - as long as they can bring in a replacement.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is also demanding that he gets back almost all of his £15m outlay on the former Blackburn winger.

That has put off other clubs, and Everton even failed with a loan bid, but mega-rich City have the finances to sign Bentley and add the England winger to their expensively assembled squad.

City boss Mark Hughes managed Bentley during their time together at Blackburn and helped turn the former Arsenal trainee into an England international.

That prompted Tottenham to enquire about a possible player-plus-cash deal involving Petrov, 30, who was yesterday pulled out of the Bulgarian national squad to allow him to discuss a move to White Hart Lane.

Petrov nearly went to Tottenham two years ago but, after suffering a long-term knee injury, is now surplus to requirements at City.

But Tottenham are anxious to boost their squad after losing Croatian international Luka Modric for up to three months through injury.

Tottenham also made a cheeky enquiry to take Portsmouth’s Croatian midfielder Niko Kranjcar on loan, but now appear to be getting Petrov in a shock last minute deal.

Looks like the Mirror have been checking Bluemoon for a story again. Cracking exclusive John Cross.

alera said:

Off topic but that will go down as the worst piece of business in transfer hsitory.

i think guardiola´and laporta has better judgement but time will tell :)

wake up, the whole world rate ibra. stupid english people...

Ireland8989 said:
alera said:

i think guardiola´and laporta has better judgement but time will tell :)

wake up, the whole world rate ibra. stupid english people...

These 'stupid' English people have never seen him put in a decent performance against the worlds best though(English clubs) Time will definitely tell but unless he pulls his finger out of his arse against the big boys and scores more goals than Eto'o...Shit bit of business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.