I have just been told.............Update page 39

OrigamiNinja said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
So we should simply close the board? As Hughes knows best there is nothing left to discuss, the reason most people don't think it's a good deal is two fold first the fee reported, which is surely something we as a group can have an opinion on. Secondly the fact that we are trying to sign a player who is disliked around the game by almost everyone, can't get close to the Spurs team and who's career is in the toilet AGAIN, which brings us back again to point one the fact that Spurs are reported as wanting the full value of what they paid for him.

Of course people can have an opinion but some of the stuff on here is borderline insanity. I dont really class 'I dont like his personality so I dont want him at City' as a valid reason. The vast majority of those who come out with these types of comments are the same people who wanted Vassell at the club because he was a nice guy and want Dunne to stay because he is loyal. The deciding factor should surely always be about the football?

Petrov is in his 30s, he has barely kicked a ball in anger for 12 months and has had previous injury problems prior to this yet people think that we should be getting about £10 million for him despite having paid much less than that ourselves for him when he was a couple of years younger! Petrov also earns £50k+ per week, thats equates to at least £2.5 million per year for the remainder of his contract, for a player who will warm the bench for 99% of the season and moan to the press while doing so! £5 million for him is good business on our part!

As for Bentley he has had a bad time at Spurs but he is a good player, a player who Hughes used to great effect when he last managed him. He is good on the ball and a real threat from set pieces. People should also realise that if Hughes wants him then he will have to pay full whack for him because Spurs have proven time and time again that they do not let players leave on the cheap, if they say they want £15 million for him then that is what we have to pay because they will not roll over and play ball like other clubs.

Getting £5 million knocked off the £15 million they are demanding and will not budge on by letting them have our 30 year old, injury prone, whinging, 3rd choice left winger is excellent business on our part.

Hughes has done extremely well in the transfer market, well enough for me to say that if he wants him its good enough for me!

Me too fella - well said!!

bentley will probably earn 90k a week and be behind swp. i would rather give weiss a chance

Petrov will rip Richards to shreds when we play Spurs this season.

We desperately need a new right-back and some backup for Ireland.

fuck me, I cannot be bothered to agrue with such stupidity
when did we aquire such a vast amount of supporters who dont even watch our team play football?.
"barely kicked a ball in anger in the last 12 months"?
I mean seriously just shut the fuck up you delusional fool

I don't have a problem with adding Bentley to the squad, SWP is the number one choice at the moment on the right, but his main weakness is Bentley's main strength, crossing. From open play, and from set pieces, Bentley's delivery is spot on. It might result in less playing time for Weiss, which is a shame, but I reckon Weiss isn't really one for this season anyway.

When Robinho isn't selected on the left it looks like Bellamy will be Hughes' option rather than Petrov so I can see why Petrov is frustrated, and why Hughes sees him as expendable. I'd rather not strengthen Spurs too much but, over the season, I see them dropping off, defensively they are short on numbers and fitness and, overall, I think that will be the telling factor.

One huge advantage to having Bentley would be his inswinging corners. We looked really threatening vs Pompey from Barry's, but from the other side, it was a bit ropey. Having good delivery from both sides with Adebayor, Lescott, Toure and Richards in the middle will get us a lot of goals. Plus, Tevez does a good job of standing his ground in the 6 yard box and distracting the keeper. We will be a huge threat from corners this season. However, the only way we'd get this benefit would be if Bentley replaces SWP. But can anyone see that happening? I can't. And would anyone actually want that to happen?

Also, the recent rumours suggest we're getting him on loan. So let me get this straight... we are potentially giving Spurs Petrov AND money just to get Bentley on loan? 'Arry must be laughing. So in a year's time, Spurs will still have Petrov, will have put the money we gave them towards another new signing, and will then get a potentially revitalised David Bentley back. We'll be left with nothing... if you exclude the egg on our faces.

can i also say

i don't give as fuck if petrov doesn't track back or make a tackle. if he spent all his time running back he'd have no energy left to go forward ! thats why we have spent over 50m on defenders. petrov is brilliant flying down the wing and has shown pre season that he's getting back on form, thats why twitchy wants him, hes not stupid !

harry thinks bentley isnt a team player so wants rid. now if the were to offer us lennon and we give them 13m + petrov i'd think it a very good deal

blightee said:
fuck me, I cannot be bothered to agrue with such stupidity
when did we aquire such a vast amount of supporters who dont even watch our team play football?.
"barely kicked a ball in anger in the last 12 months"?
I mean seriously just shut the fuck up you delusional fool

I assume this is aimed at me? Yeah you are correct, Petrov has not been injured for the best part of a year and has been a regular in our starting XI! Also on Sunday when Robbie was rested it was Mr Petrov who came in as his replacement!

I would suggest that it is you who has not been watching our team play!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.