I have just been told.............Update page 39

am happy about this. i posted like 20posts back i dont want him to come and got pure abuse of people lol..i for one is happy that he isnt coming here:D

Re: I have just been told.............

spursmad321 said:
The orginal post wasn't from my source but from some very good itk's on a Spurs forum.

I have since spoken to my source, and he has confirmed that City & Spurs are talking about Petrov & a Bentley swap, no figures were mentioned, but he did say that the Bentley part of the deal maybe a loan.

Cheers

Spursmad321

To be fair to him I did say he had got this from a guy at The Sun, which he said was not his main source.

On Sky they said that both clubs spoke of this at Director level, but Spurs DID NOT INCLUDE Petrov?
So City were not interested.

Godfather said:
Once again the spursmad witchunters are made to look like tits. And im not even a believer, i just take his info as it comes, if it happens it happens if it doesnt it doesnt, unlike some who make it their main aim to belittle him.

Agreed - well said GF.

He has been a pretty reliable poster in the past and has no need to come on here to just wind us up, so believe it or believe it not, your choice just dont slag the guy off all the time..........remember why he left us last time !

BufordUSABlue said:
Godfather said:
Once again the spursmad witchunters are made to look like tits. And im not even a believer, i just take his info as it comes, if it happens it happens if it doesnt it doesnt, unlike some who make it their main aim to belittle him.

Agreed - well said GF.

He has been a pretty reliable poster in the past and has no need to come on here to just wind us up, so believe it or believe it not, your choice just dont slag the guy off all the time..........remember why he left us last time !

the only deal i belived spursmad on was the eto'o deal and thats it never believe him after that, am soo fkkkin happy bentley isnt coming to city best news all day .

Didsbury Dave said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Of course people can have an opinion but some of the stuff on here is borderline insanity. I dont really class 'I dont like his personality so I dont want him at City' as a valid reason. The vast majority of those who come out with these types of comments are the same people who wanted Vassell at the club because he was a nice guy and want Dunne to stay because he is loyal. The deciding factor should surely always be about the football?

Petrov is in his 30s, he has barely kicked a ball in anger for 12 months and has had previous injury problems prior to this yet people think that we should be getting about £10 million for him despite having paid much less than that ourselves for him when he was a couple of years younger! Petrov also earns £50k+ per week, thats equates to at least £2.5 million per year for the remainder of his contract, for a player who will warm the bench for 99% of the season and moan to the press while doing so! £5 million for him is good business on our part!

As for Bentley he has had a bad time at Spurs but he is a good player, a player who Hughes used to great effect when he last managed him. He is good on the ball and a real threat from set pieces. People should also realise that if Hughes wants him then he will have to pay full whack for him because Spurs have proven time and time again that they do not let players leave on the cheap, if they say they want £15 million for him then that is what we have to pay because they will not roll over and play ball like other clubs.

Getting £5 million knocked off the £15 million they are demanding and will not budge on by letting them have our 30 year old, injury prone, whinging, 3rd choice left winger is excellent business on our part.

Hughes has done extremely well in the transfer market, well enough for me to say that if he wants him its good enough for me!

I haven't read the whole thread but can imagine what's in it. Your post is an excellent one mate. I totally agree with your points. And the ones who don't want him will also have been then ones who didn't want Bellamy and Adebayor - because their mates down the pub said they were "wankers".

I do think Petrov's time is probably up. He's not got the pace which defined his game any more. I'm sure he is not happy out of the first team, too.

He would be a bit part player at best this year.

Bentley I'm not sure about but I'm happy to trust Hughes on it. He's being bought as cover, he's young and will have resale value if he doesn't work out.

YAY.........Some sense at last!

Its a rather moot point now, but i personally would have been happy to swap an older sulky, alledgedly disruptive element for someone who is younger, ambitious and has a hunger to get his career back on track after a few mistakes, remember them?? We all make them from time-to-time.........just food for thought here and if Lesley wants to take a chance on him its fine by me!

Been watching SSN for the last hour or so like most of you i guess, and Redknapp said that Bentley to City was never really on, but he would say that wouldn't he seeing as he has to work with the player.

Looks to me like Spurs were trying to offload Bentley.

Petrov's agent reported as saying that Petrov wanted to join Spurs, but not too much of a problem as he only has 1 year left on his contract.

I can't see Petrov featuring in City's 1st team unless we have injury problems, but great business from City in this window.

Citycitytid said:
What happened SPURSMAD lovers haha
The deal was discussed at board room level by City according to Sky reporter outside Eastlands, and Petrovs agent is reporting that an offer was made to the his player by Spurs.

Time to move on now, but perhaps in the next window some of you guys will learn to distinguish between those members who know what they are talking about, and those who are just WUMs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.