I hope Jo plays instead of Balo!

Regarding Balotelli and his temperament. Of course he needs to pipe down a little, but I can't help but think people are overstating his propensity to get sent off. He's managed to play in some huge fixtures over the course of his short career. He isn't liable to get sent off every single time he plays you know. It's a bit strange reading the comments off people saying he shouldn't play in this match, or that match, or the other because he'll end up getting sent off. Sure he was a bit stroppy in the WBA match, and that side of his game definitely needs reeling in, but the red card was very harsh.

The OP also says the club should bench him as 'punishment' but wouldn't that be a tad inconsistent given they appealed the red card?

But yeah, anyway, Jo played well against Fulham, but Balo needs to come back in against Stoke. Jo has applied himself quite well under Mancini and he may well be a useful squad player (atleast he knows his place and won't be creating unrest through not being started every week), he still has a lot to prove though.

Impeccable said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
My philosophy is you shouldn't change a winning team! Just because Balotellis is a better player than Jo it doesn't mean the TEAM will perform better with him in it! You don't lose anything by playing Jo either, if he's doing badly in the first half replace him at half time! Nothing lost! Its not like he's a defender where conceeding a goal can really set you back!

So you are saying you would bench King Carlos in this scenario?
I think he is saying that he is very in the Market for a clue as he does not seem to have one.

Impeccable said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
My philosophy is you shouldn't change a winning team! Just because Balotellis is a better player than Jo it doesn't mean the TEAM will perform better with him in it! You don't lose anything by playing Jo either, if he's doing badly in the first half replace him at half time! Nothing lost! Its not like he's a defender where conceeding a goal can really set you back!

There is one major difference, Carlos is our captain! Captain is always picked if they are fit!

I have made at least two posts this week in praise of Jo but I cant agree with the reasoning in the OP. Hopefully, Balo will frighten the Stoke back four to death and we have another three points in the bag.

Some people are underrating Stoke just like last year where they became our bogey team in that week or so from hell where I think we drew two with them and lost one. They are better this season, though in last weekend's form, so are we. Still, it won't be a Fulham-esque thrashing again, if we do win it'll be by a narrow margin IMO.

Jo hasn't got the balls or backbone for a game at stoke. I'd question whether he's got enough balls for the 7 a side at Platt Lane last night in all honesty! When he went down flapping his arms last week I was not the only blue in the stand who was embarrassed. My mrs was there who hardly watches football, and after 10 minutes or so she asked me who the player was who 'looks like Bambi on ice'.

That said, Balotelli would be a risk as he's bonkers, but Jo isn't the way forward. We've just gotta channel Balo right and we're onto a winner

Bojinov The Bull said:
Impeccable said:

There is one major difference, Carlos is our captain! Captain is always picked if they are fit!

Confirms the wum.

Nice work though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.