I hope we will draw at sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sunderland v Manchester City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Two games in three days means that the squad is going to have to be used extensively. Realistically no more than 3 or 4 players can start both games. Too many tired legs for a fresh Liverpool team is asking for trouble, but conversely so would putting a 'b' team out at Sunderland.

I would play De Jong and Johnson in both games, the logic being they've probably got the freshest legs in the squad and should be able to cope better with the tiredness aspect. Hart and Kompany would be the other two to start both games. I would rotate the rest of the team for the two games and line up like this for Sunderland:

Hart
Savic
Zabaleta
Kompany
Lescott
De Jong
Milner
Johnson
Nasri
Dzeko
Aguero

and against Liverpool:

Hart
Richards
Clichy
Kompany
Kolo
De Jong
Barry
Yaya
Johnson
Silva
Balotelli

I hope the players know what's waiting for them at SOL.

Will be like an old firm game. Big noisy crowd with the challenges flying in from the off

Think hart, kompany and yaya should play both games but the rest should be rotated!

I am not fussed about a cricket score on this i just want to see that the West Brom was a glitch and we wake up for this.

O'Neil will still be sussing out what he can do with his team i think so we should win.

The amount of money a player earns is completely irrelevant to their recovery abilities,madness to suggest otherwise,it takes the best part of 72hrs for the vast majority of us to be even close to performing at our best after a 'workout' or game in this case.

The next few games will test our squad depth and quality to the max,especially given the ACN.....

Sunderland v Manchester City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Play the strongest back four rotate the rest

Big test after after the 2 points dropped against Albion. Fergie and his men think we are crumbling under the pressure. Lets nip this in the bud and show some true title credentials and bounce back with an assured performance and then we can think about Liverpool. We dont need to fear anyone and have the squad to cope with the hectic schedule. I expect a win and predict 3-1. Its vital we score early doors and get the iniative.

Aguero 2 and Dzeko

Hart

Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Johnson
Toure
Barry
Silva
Nasri

Aguero

mancunial said:
Play the strongest back four rotate the rest
Full backs cover more ground than most of the other players.

Pezzer2 said:
Big test after after the 2 points dropped against Albion. Fergie and his men think we are crumbling under the pressure. Lets nip this in the bud and show some true title credentials and bounce back with an assured performance and then we can think about Liverpool. We dont need to fear anyone and have the squad to cope with the hectic schedule. I expect a win and predict 3-1. Its vital we score early doors and get the iniative.

Aguero 2 and Dzeko

Hart

Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Johnson
Toure
Barry
Silva
Nasri

Aguero

Dzeko scoring despite not playing? I knew he was good, but not that good.

123abcd said:
Dzeko scoring despite not playing? I knew he was good, but not that good.
Someone needs to tell the FA about substitutions. After all, all the other leagues are doing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.