I Know It’s Over

Do some blues not remember virtually every season what we do ok absolutely shite last night but pep gets it right when it matters

Not in the first season and the club has once again saddled him with players who arent good enough.

Phillips, Kovacic, Nunes - if in doubt.

Wasn't sure if a new thread was needed, or whether this is a relevant enough thread to post in, but...

I might be overthinking it, but our downturn in form seems to have come immediately after Everton's points deduction. I just wonder whether the players have got wind of something, and realise that we may actually be getting absolutely f**ked by the PL - and are losing interest in playing for us, knowing we'll be in the National League North in 18 months time!

Or, it might just be hugely distracting/uncertain for them.

Either way, I don't think it is helping and think we should be trying to get the whole thing resolved ASAP for the good of the club.

(I know some people will say we actually kicked on last season after the 115 charges were brought against us - but this is a new season)
It has nothing to do with the PL charges
The reasons are very clear
We have a paper thin squad, with knackered players (see Rodri's comments about 60 games a season) and our recruitment to replace key players such as Mahrez and Gundogan has been woeful

What does Phillips bring to us apart from a lovely smile when he's bench warming behind Pep?

Ha ha, had plenty of grief following the blues. All I'm saying is we've seen these performances every so often when the team looks a bit lost, disjointed, not carrying a threat but of course always gone on to do great things in ghe end. But recently we've not been seeing out games. Added to that is that history tells us the greatest teams/squads in ghe English game don't go on forever and its interesting to see how we do cooe with dips - that's all.
You called it the beginning of the end...that's a bit premature don't you think? Let's wait and see how we look when everyone's available and fit.
It seems people are mindlessly mixing two different things.
Is the team that took the pitch last night capable of winning anything" IMO absolutely not.
Is that the City we'll be seeing the rest of the way? Again IMO absolutely not.
The idea that we should be outplaying Villa away without arguably our 2 best world class players plus Doku and Grealish being out and an unfit Stones is insane. We're not beating any top 6 side away with Alvarez and Rico in the 8s and Akanji floating around the back side of the midfield and Gvardiol impersonating a LB, simple as.

Not in the first season and the club has once again saddled him with players who arent good enough.

Are Rico and Alvarez "good enough" for City as 8s? Is Akanji good enough to play in the midfield? Should Walker be playing every minute of every game? Should Gvardiol be playing at LB when Ake is fit and available? Should Foden play on the left ever again? Though injuries and suspensions are causing him major problems Pep straying further and further from convention isn't helping one bit. No way Alvarez should have been on the pitch at 1 nil in the 80th v. Liverpool and no way should Foden be coming off when he did v. Spurs...let's keep it real...

Exactly my thoughts.

There's no lack of effort, we just look a bit shit.
It's easy to look like you're not trying when you're not good enough and you know it. Too much of that for us right now...

Exactly first season as for players that have come in give them a chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.