I love City because.....

Because since my dad took me to Maine Road when I was 8 a lot has changed.

15 years later, I have new friends, new family. Girls have come and gone, fashions, music, the way I feel about life's big questions. Everything is different now, it's more complicated, sometimes it's better and sometimes it's worse.

But City... City are still there, like they always were, and they always will be. My one true constant in life and the thing that links my past to my future. And that's why I love City.

City support runs through my family and through generations on my Father's side of the family going back to when we played at Hyde Road. Mother's side of the family are from Moss Side and Maine Road was visited every other week for decades by many of them. City is in my blood.

I also love this city. It's a quite small, not spectacular, by no means world leading (well not since Victorian times) city; but I love it and love living in it. Supporting the city's football team is what I love to do.

I think its because City form part of my earliest memories. I was 3 when my Dad took me on the roofless new Kippax against Spurs, we won 5-2. As another poster said, thinking back to Maine Road always brings memories of sunny days.

Can't really put an explanation on it. Its just what we do.

As a few of you - because my Dad made me! First went to Coventry away when I was about 5 years old.

I wonder what the responses to this question would have been if you asked in the late 90's!

I love City because we have a rich history of playing good football .And i will never forget all those rubbish relegations like 1983 1987 1996 1998 and 2001.I like the fact we can come back from the dead like in 1999 against Gillingham.I have many fanstastic memories of Manchester City not always good.

I love city because they have always made me feel something be it Joy or despair. I just love em

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.