I met a City Fan today. I understand what that means now.

aaron91 said:
Manchester City Soccer club til I die! I dream One day, Manchester city can rub shoulders with some of the MLS greats like LA Galaxy .....

ha-ha-im-using-the-internet.jpg

samharris said:
usacitizen said:
Found out tonight what it means. I had come here from the United States after nearly forty years of supporting the blues to see my first game live, and thought that I was a real fan. I'm not.

I met one tonight though. Gave me his season ticket so I could catch the game. Took me all over Manchester in his car and showed me some of the City history, past and present. Names I'd heard for years. Images I'd seen on Youtube or photos. Platt Lane. Mary Ds. Kippax Road. And of course the new ground in all its shiny size and heigth.

He took me to where Maine Road once was. He just looked at the fencing and said "souless". I think it was hard for him to see. He went all quiet.

It helped me keep a lifelong broken promise too, because I always swore I would go there. I have some turf to bring home.

There have been times these last forty years when I've wondered why I chose City, I'll be honest. A lot of late nights in strange countries with tough outcomes.

I know now why I chose the blues. No more narky bullshit on this site from me, and no more thinking that I really understand what it means to be a City fan. But I'm proud to know one.
you are a real City fan...dont ever think otherwise...:) Enjoy the win tomorrow.

^^^^ Was going to say the same thing.

usacitizen said:
Found out tonight what it means. I had come here from the United States after nearly forty years of supporting the blues to see my first game live, and thought that I was a real fan. I'm not.

I met one tonight though. Gave me his season ticket so I could catch the game. Took me all over Manchester in his car and showed me some of the City history, past and present. Names I'd heard for years. Images I'd seen on Youtube or photos. Platt Lane. Mary Ds. Kippax Road. And of course the new ground in all its shiny size and heigth.

He took me to where Maine Road once was. He just looked at the fencing and said "souless". I think it was hard for him to see. He went all quiet.

It helped me keep a lifelong broken promise too, because I always swore I would go there. I have some turf to bring home.

There have been times these last forty years when I've wondered why I chose City, I'll be honest. A lot of late nights in strange countries with tough outcomes.

I know now why I chose the blues. No more narky bullshit on this site from me, and no more thinking that I really understand what it means to be a City fan. But I'm proud to know one.

Brilliant. Thank you.

Enjoy the game tomorrow.

usacitizen said:

Good post, and like others have said enjoy the game tomorrow, but don't forget to get yourself an egg and bacon muffin down your neck before you climb on the plane to go home lol.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
usacitizen said:

Good post, and like others have said enjoy the game tomorrow, but don't forget to get yourself an egg and bacon muffin down your neck before you climb on the plane to go home lol.

I apologise for our equine friend he, of course, meant "barm".
Enjoy the game.

Re: I met a City Fan today. I understand what that means now.

post of the year!

Oh and theres some right knobs on here!

mcfcliam said:
Aaron, where you from?

London?
Luton?
Birmingham?
Guildford?
Dorset?
Exeter?

Fuckin' clown....

None of the aforementioned? I'm from Manchester you soppy ****

Great post .......

i'm so glad you got to see those places , and if you weren't a real City fan you wouldn't even be here , or be interested , in the first place ........

i too was at the site of Maine Road about three days back , and it's hard to believe that there was ever a football club there ...... i closed my eyes for a second and imagined the noise , and the bustle , of match day as it used to be ...... then i opened them again , and there was only the sound of workmen nearby .... i think the first houses they've been building on the land are shortly coming up for sale , i saw the advert in the paper the other day.

Hope we win tomorrow and make your stay a happy one .......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.