I met a City Fan today. I understand what that means now.

hope you enjoy your stay in sunny manchester. is this your first visit? any blue is welcome round here just dont listen to the rags. hope we win for you. respect to the usa massif.

davymcfc said:
hope you enjoy your stay in sunny manchester. is this your first visit? any blue is welcome round here just dont listen to the rags. hope we win for you. respect to the usa massif.

Yes, first visit to Manchester (Sunny??). Thanks for welcome and thanks to others who took the time to send a welcome too.

Walked around your town tonight. A lot of life here. Saw a girl dancing in the street. And a bloke just came over and joined in. And another gang just started clapping. This place is nuts...and great!.

I'd like to say I don't care if we win or lose tomorrow, because there is always next year, but I'd be lying. Come on you blues! As we like to say in the States, "this is OUR time".

usacitizen said:
Yes, first visit to Manchester (Sunny??). Thanks for welcome and thanks to others who took the time to send a welcome too.

Walked around your town tonight. A lot of life here. Saw a girl dancing in the street. And a bloke just came over and joined in. And another gang just started clapping. This place is nuts...and great!.

I'd like to say I don't care if we win or lose tomorrow, because there is always next year, but I'd be lying. Come on you blues! As we like to say in the States, "this is OUR time".

you'll see plenty of nutters around town (especially around piccadilly gardens where the fountains are) you might even be lucky enough to come across one of the many urban legends such as; the crazy black guy who carries a white rabbit and sometimes sings to you whilst trying to play a guitar...and failing lol

anyway like many have said, i hope you enjoy your stay in our wonderful(??) city and hope the team give you a good match and memories to take back home with you :)

usacitizen said:
davymcfc said:

im being very honest here mate. you are very unlucky with this weather. we only get 2 days of rain a year here. :p. enjoy the game anyway mate. im sure tevzy will knock one in for you.

usacitizen said:
davymcfc said:

And our City. The birth place of engineering, MCFC and the computer.

aaron91 said:
None of the aforementioned? I'm from Manchester you soppy ****

Dear Tom,

Stop fucking about before I start PMing people your real name, address and phone number, you scouse tosser. Oh, by the way, I can also start posting your other accounts from around the internet if you want so that we can out you in every place you appear including Facebook in front of all of your friends.
All you have to do, is stop wumming, that's it.

Thanks,
Damocles

Damocles said:
aaron91 said:
None of the aforementioned? I'm from Manchester you soppy ****

Dear Tom,

Stop fucking about before I start PMing people your real name, address and phone number, you scouse tosser. Oh, by the way, I can also start posting your other accounts from around the internet if you want so that we can out you in every place you appear including Facebook in front of all of your friends.
All you have to do, is stop wumming, that's it.

Thanks,
Damocles

I fucking knew it, being watching this post all day and as i posted this afternoon i smell a rat. You fucking mugs, taking this twat under your wing.....pricks.

usacitizen said:
Found out tonight what it means. I had come here from the United States after nearly forty years of supporting the blues to see my first game live, and thought that I was a real fan. I'm not.

I met one tonight though. Gave me his season ticket so I could catch the game. Took me all over Manchester in his car and showed me some of the City history, past and present. Names I'd heard for years. Images I'd seen on Youtube or photos. Platt Lane. Mary Ds. Kippax Road. And of course the new ground in all its shiny size and heigth.

He took me to where Maine Road once was. He just looked at the fencing and said "souless". I think it was hard for him to see. He went all quiet.

It helped me keep a lifelong broken promise too, because I always swore I would go there. I have some turf to bring home.

There have been times these last forty years when I've wondered why I chose City, I'll be honest. A lot of late nights in strange countries with tough outcomes.

I know now why I chose the blues. No more narky bullshit on this site from me, and no more thinking that I really understand what it means to be a City fan. But I'm proud to know one.
I am City - you are City - we are City -it's an international language mate - enjoy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.