I miss Hughes

Failsworth_Blue said:
Before Hughes got sacked we had won 2 games in 11. To the ones wanting him back, were you happy with the run of results that led to the sacking of Hughes?

...or the first full seasons results.

All the draws were exciting football don't you know mate?

GStar said:
Duki Blue said:
Like a hole in the head - since when did we play exciting football under him!!

Fergie thought the league derby was "one of the best ever"
Our win over Arsenal
Our win over Chelsea
3-3 Burnley was pretty exciting from 0-2 to 3-2

Practically every game was exciting, sometimes for different reasons: our greatest strength was scoring goals, only matched by our greatest weakness of conceeding goals. Makes for exciting football.

Can I borrow your rose-tinted glasses please?

The Fat el Hombre said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Before Hughes got sacked we had won 2 games in 11. To the ones wanting him back, were you happy with the run of results that led to the sacking of Hughes?

...or the first full seasons results.

All the draws were exciting football don't you know mate?

Yeh mate i was buzzing with our draws against Birmingham, Wigan, Villa, Burnley, Fulham, Hull etc and with Hughes we'd have been in the Carling Cup final now despite the fact that under Hughes we never came close to beating United.

I have no problem with people being frustrated at the moment but lets not kid ourselves into thinking Mark Hughes was a great manager who we played great free flowing football under him because we didn't

I never wanted Hughes to go in the first place, I felt we were slowly getting there ( beating Chelsea & Arsenal in the month before he left). Anyone who knows anything about football would admit it takes time for that amount of new players to gel. Plus every team he has managed in the PL have done significantly better in the second half of the season.

If we got rid of Hughes, the last person I wanted was Mancini but I stayed quiet to support the club. Firstly he has no understanding or experience of the PL.

Secondly at Inter he was a coach not a manager, all signings & development issues were carried out by the board. This is not how successful british clubs operate.

Thirdly most of his acheivments at Inter were acheived due to the 2006 Italian football scandal and lack of any real competition because of it. In 2006 Inter were awarded the title by default and due to Juve's relegation also signed their best players Vierra and Ibrahimovic.. In 2007 they had no competition as all their rivals were either relegated or had points deductions. In 2008 they won it ..but again as the opposition was still recovering and rebuilding their squads.

Overall Mancini was never the tried and tested winner when we appointed him that the club portrayed him to be. If we had removed Hughes and appointed a Hiddink or Jose then, while it would still have been harsh in my opinion, there would have been some logic behind it.

I actually think we are weaker now because of the change in management.

gavinc1981 said:
I never wanted Hughes to go in the first place, I felt we were slowly getting there ( beating Chelsea & Arsenal in the month before he left). Anyone who knows anything about football would admit it takes time for that amount of new players to gel. Plus every team he has managed in the PL have done significantly better in the second half of the season.

If we got rid of Hughes, the last person I wanted was Mancini but I stayed quiet to support the club. Firstly he has no understanding or experience of the PL.

Secondly at Inter he was a coach not a manager, all signings & development issues were carried out by the board. This is not how successful british clubs operate.

Thirdly most of his acheivments at Inter were acheived due to the 2006 Italian football scandal and lack of any real competition because of it. In 2006 Inter were awarded the title by default and due to Juve's relegation also signed their best players Vierra and Ibrahimovic.. In 2007 they had no competition as all their rivals were either relegated or had points deductions. In 2008 they won it ..but again as the opposition was still recovering and rebuilding their squads.

Overall Mancini was never the tried and tested winner when we appointed him that the club portrayed him to be. If we had removed Hughes and appointed a Hiddink or Jose then, while it would still have been harsh in my opinion, there would have been some logic behind it.

Mark, is that you? Where have you been hiding since that cold night in December against Sunderland?

gavinc1981 said:

You may think so. But the results in the league show that you are wrong.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Careful for what you wish for people...

That is all.

I miss getting beat 3-0 at home to Forest

I miss drawing 8 in a row and throwing away leads to Fulham and Burnely among others.

I miss the complete lack of tatical changes during or between games.

I miss the one-dimensional formulaic media interviews time after time

I miss the Taffia being employed at all levels of the club

Fucking hell let's get him back right now.

BurnCK said:
It's Hughes fault that we have a team of overpriced, overpaid rejects in the first place. We paid £200mil for about £50mil worth of 'talent'.

This. Mourinho wouldnt do much, if any, better with the current squad. Our squad needs major additions for us to challenge 1st. It's currently barely good enough to challenge 4th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.