I Need a New Broadband Provider - Any Recommendations Appreciated.

BlueMoonraker

Virgin Media are putting the price up by £7 from April this year. The price has been creeping up regularly and enough is enough. I’ve alwayss considered theirs to be the best and most reliable broadband, but that’s purely based on nothing at all.
Can anyone recommend a suitable and cheaper alternative?
Thanks.

How important is the speed to you? As if you switch to one over the phone line, you probably won’t get the same (although I live in a village without the option of Virgin and have a very high usage household and it’s fine for us)

Might be worth going on uswitch and getting a few deals and then ring virgin and ask to cancel, they’ll probably come back with an offer.

Virgin Media are putting the price up by £7 from April this year. The price has been creeping up regularly and enough is enough. I’ve alwayss considered theirs to be the best and most reliable broadband, but that’s purely based on nothing at all.
Can anyone recommend a suitable and cheaper alternative?
Thanks.
Tell them you’re leaving and they’ll pass you through to the disconnection (retention) team. If you’ve done some basic searching on price comparison sites so you know what their competitors offer, don’t accept the first offer as they will probably offer you a better deal

Depends where you are, there are lots of companies rolling out fibre at the moment, I've just joined brsk from virgin. As like yourself virgin were taking the mick nearly £40 a month for 120meg, refused to budge on price or package when I phoned too prior to cancelling retentions then offered a reasonable deal but too late. Got 500meg up and down from brsk for 19.50 a month.

I had a terrible experience with Virgin myself - just appalling customer service, refusal to accept emailed communication, didn't answer calls etc. Changed to Plusnet and it has been flawless.

If you have a virgin/ntlworld email address remember to tell everybody your new address as Virgin say they'll deny access to their email sites if you leave.
I'm also thinking of leaving them but want to check options for firesticks as I live in a flat surrounded by trees and reception via an aerial is abysmal. - Virgin cable was ideal.
Quick question - If I get a firestick can I watch TV on my laptop via the HDMI port if the boss lady has commandeered the telly to watch something else?

How important is the speed to you? As if you switch to one over the phone line, you probably won’t get the same (although I live in a village without the option of Virgin and have a very high usage household and it’s fine for us)

Might be worth going on uswitch and getting a few deals and then ring virgin and ask to cancel, they’ll probably come back with an offer.
To be honest, the broadband gets hammered in our house. Two of us work from home, sometimes three of us. YouTube, Netflix and Amazon when the others get home. We’re on the 350mb package with Virgin.

If you have a virgin/ntlworld email address remember to tell everybody your new address as Virgin say they'll deny access to their email sites if you leave.
I'm also thinking of leaving them but want to check options for firesticks as I live in a flat surrounded by trees and reception via an aerial is abysmal. - Virgin cable was ideal.
Quick question - If I get a firestick can I watch TV on my laptop via the HDMI port if the boss lady has commandeered the telly to watch something else?
You'll need a router or a dongle to receive broadband. And yes you can plug your firestick into your laptop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.